OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scope+TSS=?

Started by SFCSNOW, March 17, 2017, 08:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFCSNOW

Let me start by saying I don't believe in taking iffy shots. With that being said, I wouldn't have taken this bird today without spending enough time behind my new set up at the range before season.  No doubt in my mind that if I put bird's head in the ring and pull the trigger, he took his last step.
He came in silent behind a hen that was making it clear she didn't appreciate my decoy on HER ridge.  About 30 yards away he stopped and put on a show. He was on my bad side and the hen was only about 10 yards away to my right. I just knew she was going to bust me and blow the hunt. She finally worked her way towards him. When they both turned to ease down the ridge I eased around the tree and shouldered my gun. With my naked eye his head was a little obstructed by green briar and small saplings. Found him in my scope and saw him stop in a small opening. Squeezed it off and he folded up without a single flop.
Don't think I would have ever shot him without optics. AND 8-1/2 TSS is lights out.  Just saying.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

SFCSNOW

Pics won't load.  I'll have to do it at home.

Greg Massey

Gobble!

Very nice. I have always used a red dot on my turkey guns.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

SFCSNOW

Finally able to get my phone to act right.  It was a really fun hunt!  Nothing better than having a live decoy to help out.

CMR

Yessir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Congrats man. That's a nice bird.

SteelerFan

Quote from: SFCSNOW on March 18, 2017, 01:54:18 PM

Finally able to get my phone to act right.  It was a really fun hunt!  Nothing better than having a live decoy to help out.

Nice!!!

owlhoot

Good one , sounds like a great time!

DrDirtNap

Congratulations! I also shoot a Weatherby. Nice looking scope.  What brand is it?

SFCSNOW

Quote from: DrDirtNap on March 19, 2017, 09:38:54 AM
Congratulations! I also shoot a Weatherby. Nice looking scope.  What brand is it?

Weaver 
Really liking the reticle in it. Oblong oval that head fits in almost perfectly out to 50 yards of so on 4x.

DrDirtNap

Is that a 12 or 20?

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny