OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Found a good one  (Read 2869 times)

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
Found a good one
« on: March 17, 2017, 06:54:01 PM »
Went and pulled my camera today. I had it set up on the entrance to the field where I missed my bird last year. When I walked up I saw that the Clemson agriculture program had plowed it and they pulled up not long after I got there. They told me they are planting buckwheat and wildflowers for the beehives they have out there. So I'm glad that the birds will have turned up dirt to scrape through. Anyways, I've got a great gobbler on camera. I hope I can roost him the night before and I may just have to camp in my truck that night to ensure I'm the first guy out. lol.

Offline jepcho

• The Boss Gobbler
Found a good one
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:11:25 AM »
Heck yeah! Good luck with him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
Found a good one
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »
I'm hoping I can seal the deal. I think with the plowing and planting going on that will help. The key is going to be keeping my 8 year old entertained long enough. He won't be shooting, but he wants to go and I promised I'd take him. I'm hoping I can get one or two to gobble going to the roost the night before and that may help him. Honestly, if a jake comes in he's going down. It will be my first bird and my sons first real hunt with me so if anything legal comes in, I'm taking it.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Found a good one
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:56:22 AM »
You should absolutely shoot the first gobbler that comes your way and I hope you get the chance and be proud. Are you out today?  I'm headed to SC Wednesday to kick off my season.

Offline wmn2

• The Boss Gobbler
Found a good one
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »
No not today. I wish. I need to get with the person I know to set up a date to hunt together on private land. It honestly may not be until after the public opener due to my wife's work schedule. She's been a stay at home mom for years and is now in school for pharmacy and she got a great job offer so she took it