turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 w fed heavyweight 7s

Started by cj580, March 17, 2017, 06:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cj580

I went this afternoon to shoot my gun. I got a new choke from trulock for the fed heavyweight 7s. I took 3 shots at 25 yards and all shots were high and left. No optics just bead and barrel. Anybody got any helpful advice ? Thanks CJ

shedhunta

You can try other chokes and shells.  Best bet is get a red dot or a Williams Firesight to give you the adjustment you need.  I learned early on with a stoeger m3000 that the bead is not always "on target"

cj580

turkey buster

I have used the TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dot adjustable sights in the past that are similar to the Williams sights and liked them a lot. I've since moved to a Burris Fast Fire 3 on my 20 gauge and an Eotech on my 12 gauge. I still have a 12 gauge with the Tru Glo sights on them but hardly carry it anymore because I find the red dot to be very easy to get on target for me.  I will suggest if you go with a red dot not to get a "tubed" model but more of the holographic style like mine. Some may have good reviews of them but I tried one and didn't like the "tunnel" view of looking through it at close ranges, but that's just my opinion.