OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Li'l girl is gonna be upset

Started by wvmntnhick, March 16, 2017, 08:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

My oldest girl wanted to spend the day with dad so I took her out for breakfast. Then she wanted to go for a ride and just look around. We saw some turkeys, deer, the usual. As we were driving by a local creek they were stocking the water. We looked at the fish so she decided it was time to go fishing. Took her home, changed her clothes and we hit the creek by the house since they'd stocked it yesterday. What started as a fishing trip turned in to a couple hours of us just playing in the snow with zero strikes. Had fun and she understood there was a chance we'd not catch anything but I was disappointed because I wanted her to get one so bad. In the end, she had fun and the day was a total win as far as she was concerned. That made me happy. Fast forward to this evening, we played some indoor games with momma and and my youngest daughter until time for bed. Once they slipped off to the bedroom, I went back to the small hole we'd been to that morning. I could see a golden trout and several rainbows in the morning but upon my return there were 4 Goldie's in there. Ended with my limit in about 25 minutes and lost one to boot. Just wish she could've been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

wvmntnhick

Quote from: fallhnt on March 16, 2017, 08:41:24 PM
Nice
Thanks. Just wish she couldn't been there to catch them. That would've been the cats pajamas there buddy. She loves fishing and I love watching her get excited.

WV Ridge Reaper

Usually how it goes,the working man don't have a chance at trout fishing..Especially a kid such as your daughter

wvmntnhick

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 16, 2017, 08:45:30 PM
Usually how it goes,the working man don't have a chance at trout fishing..Especially a kid such as your daughter
We had today off. Apparently it snowed. They said it was for drifting but whatever. A 2 hour delay would've probably sufficed just fine but whatever. Gave me a chance to hang with the girls today and I'll take that right now over a day of work. I'll check the stocking report but usually don't get to hit it u til a day or two afterwards. There were guys that pulled in with the stock truck today when we were watching them put them in the other creek. Didn't even bother going over there it was so bad. If I wanted to fish like that, I'd go salmon fishing and stand elbow to elbow with others for much larger fish.

Bowguy

suburbhunter

WV Ridge Reaper

I know what ya mean..I went about two weeks ago on a Friday when the weather was nice,knew that had to stock that day...was wading and when the stock truck pulled in with 7 trucks behind it.

LaLongbeard

What are y'all talking about??? Are you saying they stock fish in the ponds you fish in? Never heard of such a thing.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

WV Ridge Reaper

Stocked trout in rivers/creeks/lakes/dams

Jobbler123

Great time with your daughter. Nice catch

1iagobblergetter

Nice catch! I need to get back fishing for them. Haven't done that for years.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 16, 2017, 09:39:32 PM
What are y'all talking about??? Are you saying they stock fish in the ponds you fish in? Never heard of such a thing.
We don't have much of a wild/native trout population across much of the state. There are pockets of the state that have great wild/native fisheries but many areas are void of trout. To combat that the state raises trout in hatcheries and releases them weekly into local streams during the peak of the fishing season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M,Yingling

Looks like someones going have fish for dinner ,, to bad your daughter couldn't get in on action  ,, got few weeks yet till they start stocking up our way ,,, same here few native streams and the ones we do know of you keep to your self lol
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

kyturkeyhunter4

Theres nothing better than just geting to spend time with our kids and geting them out in gods country.