OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Filming Hunts (Canon G10/G20/G30 Questions)

Started by SKYNET KC, March 14, 2017, 10:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKYNET KC

So I posted in a thread a while ago I was getting a Canon G20. I love the camera so far, but there's a few things I'm confused on.

1. Can I use the SD cards INSTEAD of the internal memory? The only way I'm seeing is the internal memory must be full first, then it'll kick over to the SD Cards. I'd much rather not do this if I can avoid it, but I've looked in the users manual online and can't figure out how to do it.

2. Can I change the recording quality or does it just default to the highest setting? I'm wanting to record in 1080p, but the review videos I've seen have people talking about all the recording options, but I can't find out how to change this either.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorfolkHunter

I don't have the G20 but I do have a Canon XA-10. To change setting I have to switch the camera to manual or cinema. I'm not sure if the G20 has that type of toggle switch in it or not?

Once in Manual/Cinema I can than select to film direct to the SD card slot A or B.

As for quality setting I adjust them the same way.

Not sure if that helps or not. Good luck and enjoy filming. It adds to the experience.

joker

Yes, The cannon g20 can be set up to record to the "A" or "B" SD card first and then to other. and Yes, It can be set for several different recording quality options. There are quick guides and complete user manuals that you can download. Just do a google search.

Steve

MK M GOBL

Yes you can just record to media card, my buddy has my old G20 now, I have the G30 and I think it is still the same process. It is also same on XA30, I watched a link from Campbell Cameras and they had a series of steps to go through to do this with "their" recommended settings.

http://campbellcameras.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-use-canon-vixia-hf-g20-and-canon.html

Hope it helps.

MK M GOBL

SKYNET KC

This is what my camera menu says.This doesn't agree with anything that I'm seeing for my camera. I have a Canon Vixia HF G20

MK M GOBL

As far as I can remember it is the procedure for g20 as my g30.

Here are those steps

> First make sure your camera is in "M"

> Second you need to be in "camera" mode not "media"

Camera should be powered up here

> Third touch the "FUNC" icon

(continued in next post...)

MK M GOBL

> Fifth touch the "MENU" icon

> Sixth touch the "Film Strip" icon

> Seventh touch "Recording Media" icon
should be highlighted and then touch the (play icon) to the left of the "Recording Media" icon

Now you should see the "Rec Media for Movies" and

> Eighth you select the "Mem. Card A" icon

You will also need to go through your menu to select (Relay) Card A to Card B or Dual (Records on both) which gives you an instant back up.
(I have this set to Relay)

Let me know if this is works for you.

MK M GOBL

SKYNET KC

I ended up having to reset the whole camera. Not sure why the menus weren't there on any way I had it set. But it fixed it. So, yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk