turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

North Florida hunters

Started by 357MAGNOLE, March 14, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

So long story short in new to area, actually from Jefferson county but been in military for the past 10 years so lived in Va. I haven't hunted here yet and failed to realize I had to apply for permits. I'm still a relatively new Turkey Hunter with 2 seasons under my belt (0 kills)

Any way, I'm looking for someone to help me get on some property or point me in the right direction. I'm basically limited to weekends and right now unless I find some help I won't be able to hunt this season, so I figured my best bet was posting here. I'm in Nassau county right by Ga line. Any help is appreciated.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Meadow Valley Man

Have you checked Florida Fish and Game website for a list of WMA's that don't require a quota permit?  There are quite a few.

357MAGNOLE

I'll have to check more in depth, last I looks anything near me required permits.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

357MAGNOLE

Well this is really depressing. I have basically exhausted my options. No quota permits available anywhere and I don't know anyone with private land. Never thought I would say this but I miss Va. Hunting there was simple in comparison. I might not even get a chance to hunt this year.

backwater

I'm sure you already know it but you have a VERY large WMA very close to your county.    No quota required.       

born2hunt

There's lots of land to hunt without quotas, may not be cream of the crop but if you don't go hunting it's gonna be your own choice.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: backwater on March 16, 2017, 06:32:57 PM
I'm sure you already know it but you have a VERY large WMA very close to your county.    No quota required.     

Hey,

No I'm not aware of any. There was one directly across the highway but it was sold off for private development. There is the Osceola forest but it's a good hour and half drive and I wouldn't know where to start with it. Probably going to have to spend the summer checking it out for next year.

Bowguy

Hey buddy thank you for your service. I can't help you as I'm in NJ but wish you well in your search.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: Bowguy on March 17, 2017, 07:44:08 AM
Hey buddy thank you for your service. I can't help you as I'm in NJ but wish you well in your search.

Thanks, and no problem I love my job.

backwater

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on March 17, 2017, 07:38:33 AM
Quote from: backwater on March 16, 2017, 06:32:57 PM

Hey,

No I'm not aware of any. There was one directly across the highway but it was sold off for private development. There is the Osceola forest but it's a good hour and half drive and I wouldn't know where to start with it. Probably going to have to spend the summer checking it out for next year.

That's the one.   If it was me, I'd be there.   I have driven a lot further to hunt.   

357MAGNOLE

I just started hunting a few years ago, been spoiled living on bases with good hunting. Looks like I'll be driving tomorrow or Sunday to check it out. Already got my licenses and permits, good to go other than knowing of any spots yet. I'll find some over time.