Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Florida Public Land Osceola Double (with pictures)

Started by birdman561, March 13, 2017, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublelung

Now that's a quick season! Congrats on the gobblers!

Meadow Valley Man

Nice going!

The bag limit rules changed in 2015.  If you hunt different WMA's, you can kill two birds in one day.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

suburbhunter

cramerhunts

RutnNStrutn

wvboy

Congrats.. two fine birds..

Curious why your buddy didn't get the shot.. it was his idea to go there..  if it were me I would not have even taken a gun and be tempted to tag out that early.. :)
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Andy S.

Quote from: Meadow Valley Man on March 14, 2017, 10:20:02 AM
The bag limit rules changed in 2015.  If you hunt different WMA's, you can kill two birds in one day.
I like this, wish more states would adopt this mindset!

Congrats to the OP, job well done! Thanks for sharing with us!
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

wdog

That is awesome I looked forward to start applying for qoutas and heading down there eventually.

birdman561

Quote from: wvboy on March 14, 2017, 02:27:56 PM
Congrats.. two fine birds..

Curious why your buddy didn't get the shot.. it was his idea to go there..  if it were me I would not have even taken a gun and be tempted to tag out that early.. :)

Were a competitive bunch. So naturally we all split up and try to out do each other. I still have to put the girlfriend on one. But to be honest, I get more of a thrill calling them in. Shooting them is just the cherry on top.

Quote from: wdog on March 14, 2017, 03:14:08 PM
That is awesome I looked forward to start applying for qoutas and heading down there eventually.

Good luck to you, they can be tough. They tend to be very quiet once off the roost. And know the area you're applying for. Some areas tend to be very wet.

birdman561

Quote from: dejake on March 14, 2017, 06:38:58 AM
Are the regs for the quota areas different? 

Most WMA's can have slight variances. The majority of quota hunts allow one bird per quota. The area I shot my second bird no quota is needed. The amount of pressure those birds get is tremendous.

varmint101

Tommy Strutsalot

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

ddturkeyhunter

Super JOB!! Most people form out state that haven't hunt Public Land Florida don't realize what you accomplished. I make it down ther every two years, been there four times. Last year first time I taged out Public land. A LOT of people that live in area that Hog hunt, deer and turkey hunt sometimes don't shoot any birds for the year, a lot of pressure. I will walk 3 plus miles in but that guarantees you nothing but exercise because some one els still might beat you there. So don't think what he did is a norm most cases you will work for pubic land Gobblers. way to go TERRIFIC Job again