turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New binoculars

Started by Bennett, March 12, 2017, 11:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennett

I'm thinking of getting new binoculars. These will be used strictly for turkey hunting. Any suggestions?  Thanks

Greg Massey

Vortex Diamondback 10 x 28 for turkey and 10 x 42 deer...like watching HD on TV ...looking thru a pair of these and great customer service....

Bowguy

When I was married I carried nothing but really high quality glass. Divorce changes you some financially.
Anyway I was carrying Zeiss they're light n very clear. They're no longer on my neck. I needed a pair of turkey glasses n minis were perfect where I hunt n less cumbersome. I can see maybe a hundred or so yards.
Got a pair of Nikon minis that are great. I absolutely wish you well if you ever need customer service though. They are the worst, most unprofessional, bumbling company I ever came across customer service wise. They're embarrassing. 4 years to resolve a range finder issue. Charged me for a new one that broke without me using n in a year. They lost it. Ugh I'll spare you more venting but the glass is good, size convenient. Out west you'd prob want more. Mine are 10x25 trailblazers

Gooserbat

Vortex diamondback's for the coin.  Size is relevant to your need.  For general turkey hunting I'd say the 8x32 would be hard to beat.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Brian Fahs

With binoculars you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get.
I have swarovski and leica glass. EXPENSIVE but worth the. investment to me. NO issues but if I do the customer service reviews are top notch.

Swampchickin234

Vortex diamondback all the way. Also bought a pair of pursuit x1 from bass pro in the hunting classic sale that I really like. They are camo and 10x42-----they are very very clear and I think I paid like 79 bucks.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rio Fan

I really like my Vortex Diamondbacks.

Ozark870Hunter

'Nother vote for  Vortex Diamondback. I like my 10x42's.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

GSLAM95

Quote from: Brian Fahs on March 12, 2017, 11:59:15 AM
I have swarovski and leica glass. EXPENSIVE but worth the. investment to me. NO issues but if I do the customer service reviews are top notch.

Well said...
I have the Swarovski pocket binoculars and they were well worth saving up to purchase.  I use them more than the larger binoculars I have.
I have several friends that have looked through mine while hunting and then purchased them as well.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

SteelerFan

X6 Vortex Diamondback. I use the 10x42 for deer. Turkey only, I'd go 8x32 - but that's for the areas I hunt.

Yelper

http://cameralandny.com

Vortex  Viper 10x28 #V210 (Demo Unit)  -DEMO UNIT -Weight:  12.0 g

$279.99

va_jon

I personally like my leupold Yosemite 6x30. Light and clear. Not to pricey either.

suburbhunter

Another vote for Vortex

MK M GOBL

Quote from: GSLAM95 on March 12, 2017, 12:51:12 PM
Quote from: Brian Fahs on March 12, 2017, 11:59:15 AM

Well said...
I have the Swarovski pocket binoculars and they were well worth saving up to purchase.  I use them more than the larger binoculars I have.
I have several friends that have looked through mine while hunting and then purchased them as well.

And again!!

There is something to be said for Quality Glass, I have both 8.5x42 EL's (My Big Game Glass) and I went with 10x30 SLC's for my Turkey Glass, these are now ending up more and more in my bow pack too :) I guess the best Lifetime Warranty would be the one you never need to use but is there.

MK M GOBL

mason3toes

Vortex diamondback, I tote 8x28 and have a pair of 10x42 in the truck. For the money and warranty they cannot be beat.