turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Box call Chalk

Started by Greg Massey, March 10, 2017, 11:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

I've used red/brown looking Primos, white, green, & Rain Chalk. Seems like some calls prefer one over the other but I like the Rain Chalk the best.

silvestris

I have never needed rain chalk since I don't hunt in the rain.  However, I have had a number of mornings where dew chalk would have come in handy.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Greg Massey

Quote from: silvestris on March 11, 2017, 02:50:25 PM
I have never needed rain chalk since I don't hunt in the rain.  However, I have had a number of mornings where dew chalk would have come in handy.
Rain chalk is something you may need to look about using...It's really a great chalk and you can get it with the striker conditioner ...  maybe you need a pair of hip boots for the dew....

MDSTRUTNRUT

Rainchalk here, use the one with striker conditioner

Marc

Quote from: suburbhunter on March 10, 2017, 07:11:41 PM
I use just plain white chalk and a snap cap vial.

Plain white "chalkboard chalk,"  has waxes in it that can ruin a call. I do not know about sidewalk chalk, but my understanding is some of the sidewalk chalk can also have some wax is in it that can damage a call.

I have a bunch of light brown call chalk that I bought from WingSupply  at $.10 each, and it works all right. I am going to order some Rainchalk this year just to see if it works any better though.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.