OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunt'n trips

Started by 2eagles, March 09, 2017, 12:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Was kicking around the idea of an out of state trip this year. I should only plan one, but had three ideas.  Missouri this spring for turkeys. Wyoming for a cow elk hunt. NoDak waterfowl hunting. I like turkeys. Elk is a lot of very good meat! ND can be a lot of shooting and good dog work. My mind was made up when my son called and said we should go shoot ducks. Nothing like hunting with my sons!

hobbes

Road trips to hunt are awesome no matter what you are hunting.  Road trips with your boys alongside are even better.  Planning is a big part of the fun.

TauntoHawk

Have nebaska spring turkey and Idaho elk/mulie trips planned for 2017

Pretty pumped but took a few years to put both plans money and vacation time in place.

Look forward to both, try and do a trip each year even if it's just a long weekend. I don't count the fact I always hunt two states of PA and NY. Consider both home turf cuz I've been doing that for 10yrs

Just just planning one  go with it while working on the others for the next year or year after that. Always have something cooking and try lots of different states and game

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kjnengr

Quote from: hobbes on March 09, 2017, 01:30:01 PM
Road trips to hunt are awesome no matter what you are hunting.  Road trips with your boys alongside are even better.  Planning is a big part of the fun.

:agreed:

tha bugman

Road trips have such a special feel to them especially after your season has closed and you go into a whole new one!   :funnyturkey:

Fullfan

Life is to short not to do the things you want. I have hunted Missouri for Turkeys the last  26  years, 10 of them with my son. I have been hunting Idaho for elk since 1983, the last 3 were with my son. We have shared some great times and killed a bunch of critters also. Spend as much time with him as you can... They grow up way to fast

Don't gobble at me...

WNCTracker

Quote from: Fullfan on March 09, 2017, 07:32:02 PM
Life is to short not to do the things you want. I have hunted Missouri for Turkeys the last  26  years, 10 of them with my son. I have been hunting Idaho for elk since 1983, the last 3 were with my son. We have shared some great times and killed a bunch of critters also. Spend as much time with him as you can... They grow up way to fast

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk