OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trolls

Started by Greg Massey, March 08, 2017, 01:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Do you think we have trolls on this forum or people just looking to get deals on calls and such.. Why i ask in the last few weeks i have seen a bunch of people showing up on the forum that we have not seen all year. In the call classified regulars that sell calls to help members out with great deals, i have seen some of these items for sale on ebay the next day. Box calls, Long box leather holsters 49 dollar bid or buy now 79 dollars, Gooserbat slates and box calls that he offer to people at a great price.  I've seen these items offer on ebay in the last few weeks at 10 - 100 dollars more than what call makes have sold these items .. i Hope this doesn't cause regulars on this forum that make calls and stuff from going up on prices or just stop helping turkey hunters out with some great deals. Now i know a lot of call makers sell stuff on this forum and ebay. I'm not talking about these people...

TrackeySauresRex

I'm sure it does exist. There some newbies that just don't get it. I say this nicely. Because we are nice here on OG.  I also feel some posts are somewhat confrontational. JMO. B-Nice all!! Remember,We are all in this together. To all help each other out and save a few bucks along the way.
B-Well All
Johnny
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Gobble!

I wouldn't call them trolls more like scalpers. Its unfortunate but the only way to stop it is limit access to classifieds to members who have at least X posts. Trolls are the ones who post a thread on decoys and blinds just watch it turn into a 9 page pissing contest.

Marc

Thought I saw a troll once...  Could have been a Bigfoot though...  Or maybe one too many 6-packs.
;D
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Gobble! on March 08, 2017, 02:03:48 PM
I wouldn't call them trolls more like scalpers. Its unfortunate but the only way to stop it is limit access to classifieds to members who have at least X posts. Trolls are the ones who post a thread on decoys and blinds just watch it turn into a 9 page pissing contest.
Exactly. Not certain I'm necessarily all in on the classifieds situation but it does get old when people start a thread on a hot button topic that shouldn't make a hill of beans. Some just need something to argue about at some times.

BowBendr

I think there is quite a bit of trolling going on all over. The call classifieds are one example.
There are other types too, an example would be asking the same questions three years in a row, I think some post to hear themselves rattle, kinda' like being addicted to getting "likes" on Facebook.
The controversial threads were beat to death on this forum 6 years ago, they aren't started for focused conversation, they are meant to spark debate. Yet they keep coming up out of the mire to live again.... :deadhorse:

MickT

I'd have swore that my 11th grad English teacher was a troll... never mind. Wrong kind of troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Yes...this forum has trolls
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Blong

:thanks:
Almost 10!

Gooserbat

Quite frankly it's going to happen, especially now that the forum is as big as it is.  I do sell stuff here and since I was mentioned by the OP I'll throw this in there.  Anything I sell, I'll sell it at a price I'm comfortable with.  I'll get what kind of money I want for it or I'll keep it.  That in mind what someone else does with it is their business.  If you're offended by someone making a profit from you...Sell it for more.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 08, 2017, 11:11:20 PM
Quite frankly it's going to happen, especially now that the forum is as big as it is.  I do sell stuff here and since I was mentioned by the OP I'll throw this in there.  Anything I sell, I'll sell it at a price I'm comfortable with.  I'll get what kind of money I want for it or I'll keep it.  That in mind what someone else does with it is their business.  If you're offended by someone making a profit from you...Sell it for more.
It's just sad some take advantage of others generosity....

Naylor649

Greg you are right. I'm a newbie on here but it's the one rotten apple that ruins the entire tree.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Naylor649 on March 08, 2017, 11:52:45 PM
Greg you are right. I'm a newbie on here but it's the one rotten apple that ruins the entire tree.
Thanks and your right..

WNCTracker

Trolls are the ones who post a thread on decoys and blinds just watch it turn into a 9 page pissing contest.

....spoken like a true decoy hater....TOTALLY KIDDING, that post is out of control  :TooFunny:
minimum post for classifieds would be a smart idea....people do offer things to each other on here for great deals because we respect each other's shared passion. Anything I've ever gotten from someone on here has be top quality and a good deal (for flat out free) and more times than others something extra is thrown in the box for free.  If I get a good deal, and then decided to sell something, I give a good deal...that's how it works

Yoder409

Since the longbox holsters were also mentioned in the OP..............

To clear things up, the eBay listings for the same longbox holsters are not those of a scalper or a troll.  They are mine.  The idea of a couple of us producing a sturdy, quality, no-nonsense longbox holster was spawned a couple years ago for a Rio hunt I was going on.  It eventually occurred to me that there really was not a wide selection of places for others to get one like it.  So, this winter, we started putting some together to see if they'd fly.  They flew OK. 

The OG Forums seemed to be the first natural place to offer these to folks since this is pretty much the cream of the serious internet turkey hunter crop.  I felt I should offer the holsters to these folks (some of which are close friends to me) at a very fair price to their door.

On the other hand................. eBay is a place where a person with a product to offer can test the market and see where it will go.  So we are NOT offering the general eBaying public the same deal that is to be found here on OG.  Just to clear it up.  It is me............not someone who bought a couple here on OG and jacked the price up.  Not saying it couldn't be happening in other instances................

It's all good.    Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.