News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Drones for hunting?

Started by GED6531, March 08, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GED6531

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 09, 2017, 10:34:39 PM

Me, personally, I like the rush of easing up to an area (field, patch of woods, etc...) and seeing what is there. Using a drone would take the fun/excitement/surprise out of it for me. Next thing you know, people will be mounting guns on drones and not even leaving their living room to hunt...

Exactly. For instance, I'm getting up at 3:30 in the morning to drive an hour to go and listen for birds on the roost in Tennessee at one of my farms. Season doesn't open til April 1st there, but I enjoy the little things even outside of the hunt like getting food plots ready, checking my vest and reorganizing, walking miles to scout, and just being outside at daylight and watching and hearing the woods wake up.

potter

Drones wont live long on public lands in pa., suggest we put a one a day limit.

turk2di

Im getting more concerned with what hunters looking to make it rich come up with to invent. Its like the industry is about out of ideas for making a new revolutionary product in turkey hunting. So here comes outside the box gimmicks, I.E., strutter decoy on wheels, Drones etc! To me its a big  :TrainWreck1:

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: turk2di on March 12, 2017, 10:46:04 AM
Im getting more concerned with what hunters looking to make it rich come up with to invent. Its like the industry is about out of ideas for making a new revolutionary product in turkey hunting. So here comes outside the box gimmicks, I.E., strutter decoy on wheels, Drones etc! To me its a big  :TrainWreck1:

Fanning and motorized decoys... It isn't really even hunting anymore when these two are in play...

catman529

nobody invented a drone to hunt turkeys with, it's just that some people think they can actually use drones to hunt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 13, 2017, 01:36:18 PM

Fanning and motorized decoys... It isn't really even hunting anymore when these two are in play...
don't knock the fanning, when you are holding nothing but a tail fan and a shotgun, crawling towards a gobbler, it is pretty exciting. One wrong move and he will see you behind that fan. I did it once and am not above doing it again, but probably won't for a long time, cause I only get 4 birds here and like to call them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk