turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When do you load up?

Started by Missed-Em, April 09, 2011, 09:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Flaming

I will switch it up a little bit here... when I leave the CAR!!  At least I do now anyways. A couple years ago I pulled the trigger and heard nothing but a click with four strutting jakes 12 yards in front of me. I moved REALLY slow and brought one of them home with me. 

Eric Gregg

I load up at the truck before I head into the woods.
I have had them sound off just as soon as I stepped away from truck.
You don't know how much time you have to get ready when that happens, so you better be already prepared :OGturkeyhead:

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

chad fenton

MizzouOutdoors

At the truck or the front porch, which ever one I am getting out of that morning

handcannon

I load up when I get under the roost tree. They wont fly away from the sounds when its dark or even when the Q-Beam hits them.

Just pickin guys. Dont start no hater threads. I load up at the truck too. Where I hunt, if I come up to a fence,  I'm not supposed to cross it.

joker

SonicBanshee

at the truck...you never know whats gonna happen :fud:
Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Trey

mfd1027

I shoot an Encore so I pop one in the bbl. as i walk away from the truck.   
Dan

Wycliff

When I leave the truck also

hoyt

I'm always loaded...gun that is...I live alone and walk out the door into the woods to hunt. Should have said..I prime my flintlock before I walk out the door and dump the prime before I walk in. Leave the charge in it as long as the weather is good. If I hunt in the rain I use a cow's knee to cover the lock and then shoot it after the end of hunt and clean and reload when I get home, just in case the charge might be damp.

I don't leave my flintlocks primed and loaded when in the house. Got a loaded handgun for those purposes.

GOLD HUNTER

i load my gun as im walking from the truck.....i hunt the N/F so no fences !! :icon_thumright:

brian

OLE RASPY

Quote from: NYbassman on May 08, 2011, 09:25:46 PM
Guess I am in the minority. I feel there is NO reason to have a loaded gun while walking through the woods 1.5 hours before the birds will fly down. I would like to hear a good justification for that. Now late morning hunts, yes, it is loaded at the truck and stays loaded until I return to the truck, but there is no reason to load the gun at 4 am in the pitch black before a long walk through the woods. JMO.
So watcha gonna do when big foot appears in the pitch black and your not loaded. :laugh:   ;)   I know what im gonna do :fud:

On a serious note i respect your opinion, everybody has one.

hoyt

There's cougars that travel right by my house. One crossed the hwy and came along the creek that is about 20yds from my bathroom window. I hunt behind my house and always carry a loaded gun when in the woods. To old to manhandle mountain lions anymore.