OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When do you load up?

Started by Missed-Em, April 09, 2011, 09:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

I do not hunt with people I don't know WELL, so gun safety is not a huge concern for me as far as whether or not he/she loads up at the truck, in the woods, at the house, or whatever. The fellows I hunt with tend to do like me and load up as we step out of the truck or camp, while the women tend to wait until we are getting set-up. I have no problem with either, but point a gun at me loaded or not and I am going to have very strong words with you at the very least! I do not abide anyone being careless with a weapon child or grown, PERIOD!

That being said, I am not stubborn enough to make someone I am hunting with uncomfortable. If you have an issue with me toting a loaded gun, I will unload it until we set-up (except for my pistol). I carry a loaded pistol everywhere I go except into my job or a school, and will not unload it for anyone.

timberjack86

Javi

DMP

At the truck.  Never know when your going one is going to show up and then its on quick like. 

Plus ive had to shot a yote at 5 yds before in the dark.  :o

gob09

i load up at the truck most of the timei just feel safer in the dark with a loaded gun  too many wild dogs and yotes

i usually dont need to cross fences and the only other person i hunt with is my brother who taught me gun safety
safe handling is the key to not getting into a bad set of circumstances

WildTigerTrout

As soon as I'm ready to move away from my vehicle I load up.  I don't like that metallic sound of loading my shotgun echoing thru the woods. Besides most places I go you can start hunting right away.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

gaswamp

I load up when I start hunting.

C J Stahly

Quote from: jshively on April 11, 2011, 08:19:39 AM
Quote from: WyoHunter on April 09, 2011, 11:28:57 PM
I get out of the truck, put on my vest and then load the Beretta!
Its a Remington - but same process.

Same here. 

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

tcook7

Gobble!

strut and spurs

I start ;oadong as i walk away from the truck.One time i got a gobbler going right at daylight as I left the truck and I forgot to load my gun so know I always try and load it as I walking in.

TnTurk

deltaeta

gooblnfever