OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tent/camping advice

Started by littlebull, March 07, 2017, 09:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebull

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 07, 2017, 11:51:19 AM
You need to know that their "persons" capacity is way off on tents.  If you want three people in one, better get a six man.  You couldn't fit three kids in the typical three person tent.

:lol: I was about to ask about that. As I was looking at the 3-4 man tents I was thinking to myself theres no way that me my brother and my dad would make it through a night in one of them
The old coon walks a late log

Greg Massey

In Mo. for years camping during turkey season i have stayed in tents, truck with a camper shell, big Chevy Van and camper. I can tell you from all of these experiences a camper was by far the best. You have a way to lock stuff up and have a lot better place to get out of the weather..We have to remember we have a lot of dishonest people in this world that just want to steal...In our last few years of camping with a tent setup one of us would always have to hunt close to camp...With a camper we could feel a little safer...

paboxcall

Quote from: littlebull on March 07, 2017, 12:33:08 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 07, 2017, 11:51:19 AM
You need to know that their "persons" capacity is way off on tents.  If you want three people in one, better get a six man.  You couldn't fit three kids in the typical three person tent.

:lol: I was about to ask about that. As I was looking at the 3-4 man tents I was thinking to myself theres no way that me my brother and my dad would make it through a night in one of them

This is true, tents are much smaller than they claim.  Go to Gander Mountain, they have a half dozen or more set up on display right now.  I would multiply by at least two based on what I
saw at the Gander Mountain - can't see how two guys could be comfy in a four person tent - that would be marginal in my opinion.  Add a couple duffel bags with clothing, air mattress, etc.
and a six person tent would be tight IMO.  Go see them if you can.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

FLGobstopper

I've been using a Hennessy Hammock for the past 2 years. For me it works because it's...
1. comfortable
2. quick and easy to set up
3. mobile and compact
4. great in wet stormy weather
5. did I say COMFORTABLE

kyturkeyhunter4

Camper for me also, done with waking up wet in the tents.

Greg Massey

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on March 07, 2017, 11:41:22 PM
Camper for me also, done with waking up wet in the tents.
amen or a Hotel...i will drive 20 miles to and from a hunting place for a good hot shower and a bed...

turkeyfoot

I love the tent camping myself I look forward to the nest turkey camp as soon as I take it down. Rain can be annoying but we put up tarp and we can sit under and cook play cards or what ever and nothing beats a good warm fire on cool spring night. Also we don't really hunt evenings so can sit around cook up some good grub relax around fire unlike deer camp where your out huntig in PM

littlebull

Those Hennessy Hammocks are pretty sweet. I just looked them up

:you_rock:
The old coon walks a late log