Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How dirty could a brand new barrel be, right?

Started by WNCTracker, March 06, 2017, 02:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

I think my Benellis have a little residue around the firing pin after shooting. By the looks of your dirty patch and it looking like someone carried it on a sling it's pretty obvious in my opinion. I don't know where you bought it,but maybe if it was taken in on trade if it was a gun shop they might have tried passing it off as new?

WNCTracker

I'm feeling screwed with burden of proof. Seeing the pictures up close on the computer I can see for sure it's been carried. Am I wrong!?!  I'm calling first thing in the morning and if they don't make it right then I'm going to make some noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNCTracker

Oh and the sticker wasn't on the barrel I thought that was odd but never thought twice about it

Greg Massey

No way that's a new gun..i think your screwed ....that gun with how dirty that barrel was has been shot a lot....

Gumby

1iagobblergetter

Definitely hunted...as far as Burden of proof those marks don't get like that over night. I'd make alot of noise. That's plain gettin hosed.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Gumby on March 06, 2017, 08:20:56 PM
Where was it purchased
Small town gun shop with awesome reputation. I'm giving benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake. They open a crack of dawn so I'll call the owner first thing and see what he says. If they don't make it right I'll certainly drop their name

JK Spurs

Has to be used....I just took my Benelli on a pheasant hunt Saturday and shot sporting clays afterwards. Probably shot about 150 rounds and it was almost spotless from all of that action. Few swipes of the barrel was all it took.
I like my turkey well peppered

MickT

Call your local Leo's and see if someone will run the serial for you. They should be able to tell if it was previously registered.

WNCTracker

Benelli is checking for me

1iagobblergetter

If it wasn't registered with Benelli wouldn't it be in the Fed registry if it was purchased prior? Might be wrong but maybe another Avenue if needed.

WNCTracker

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 06, 2017, 09:08:43 PM
If it wasn't registered with Benelli wouldn't it be in the Fed registry if it was purchased prior? Might be wrong but maybe another Avenue if needed.
Honestly what I think is that it was "borrowed" from the shop. I'm expecting the serial to show nothing

Greg Massey

Quote from: WNCTracker on March 06, 2017, 09:13:36 PM
Honestly what I think is that it was "borrowed" from the shop. I'm expecting the serial to show nothing

Good luck...i know your not satisfied with the gun...

3bailey3

The dirt in that barrel is definitely not a new gun

WNCTracker

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 06, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Quote from: WNCTracker on March 06, 2017, 09:13:36 PM

Good luck...i know your not satisfied with the gun...
Thanks