OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Question on crystal screamer strikers

Started by jed clampett, March 05, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

For those of you that have the crystal screamer...you get a choice when purchasing between the carbon tip or the wood tip striker...should you get both?....is there any other strikers that sound great on it?....thanks

Gobbleandgrunt

Get both! The wood sounds great, the carbon is for windy wet days. You will want both strikers. Seriously

Smooth_Operator

I bought both originally years ago when I got my Screamer, however, I now play it with a Hook's Dymondwood Gobblestix or a Fowler mammoth ivory tipped striker. Both sound great, as do the strikers that came with it so you won't go wrong with either. If I had to choose one of David's though I'd choose the carbon as it will run when wet...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

jed clampett

Thanks guys...i will get both strikers!!

scoot12

in my opinion,  a must have call in the pot call turkey hunting world.  Amazing craftsmenship and a truly unique sound of its own.

jed clampett

I am ordering his original one ....i wonder what his new 2 sider sounds like?

yelpy

I didn't know they make them any more. I will have to look it up and get one ordered too. I been wanting one for a few years now.

jed clampett

Is it true that the original one plays better when you palm the pot rather than fingertip it?

Jgarrett

Quote from: jed clampett on March 05, 2017, 11:28:38 PM
Is it true that the original one plays better when you palm the pot rather than fingertip it?
I wouldn't say better but it just tones it down
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida