turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One more item needed to complete my collection of gear... Facemask

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 05, 2017, 02:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

What facemask is everybody using? I am looking for something that doesn't have to be on my face all the time, but that I can quickly pull up over my face and have it stay there when setup on a bird.

1iagobblergetter

I have tried numerous face masks over the years and have settled on the 3/4 H.S. Strut. Some of my reasoning is you can pull them down around your neck when not in use, isn't hot to wear later in the season, work well with glasses,and very affordable.

longspur

Mission enduracool. Wear it around your neck until ready to pull it up. Cools for hours. If I walk near any water I resoak it. If it's cold out I just leave it dry. I'm hot natured and you couldn't sell me anything else.

catman529

I have a 3/4 Ol'Tom that I keep on my neck and pull up when I need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

The only thing I ever liked from UA was a face mask I got I need to grab a back up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: catman529 on March 05, 2017, 09:30:43 AM
I have a 3/4 Ol'Tom that I keep on my neck and pull up

This. Durable , not too hot and helps when its a little chilly out.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Swampchickin234

I have an old time 3/4 I like and I just got some of Missy's oaks new 3/4 in old school patterns....they are my favorite   I live the material and they stay up better than the old tom to me.  Either works thoggh

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: longspur on March 05, 2017, 08:26:47 AM
Mission enduracool. Wear it around your neck until ready to pull it up. Cools for hours. If I walk near any water I resoak it. If it's cold out I just leave it dry. I'm hot natured and you couldn't sell me anything else.

How do you connect it to keep it around your neck? The only item on their website that I can find that is camo is a towel.

deerbasshunter3

catman529

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 05, 2017, 09:39:16 AM
Quote from: catman529 on March 05, 2017, 09:30:43 AM
I have a 3/4 Ol'Tom that I keep on my neck and pull up

This. Durable , not too hot and helps when its a little chilly out.
actually it might be the half mask, not 3/4. Basically a "sleeve" with elastic around one end. The elastic is too tight for my head so I flip it around and use the other side over my ears.

deerbasshunter3

longspur

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 05, 2017, 09:54:59 AM
Quote from: longspur on March 05, 2017, 08:26:47 AM

How do you connect it to keep it around your neck? The only item on their website that I can find that is camo is a towel.
Ebay. Search for Mission face mask cooling.  Besides cooling it's the best fitting mask I've had on my face. I think it may be discontinued.

Greg Massey

I know some people don't use a face mask, but sometimes with those big airplane mosquitoes they do come in pretty handy..gloves also...i like the spandex type for cool days and i also have a net type for warm days..I have a box in the back seat of my truck that looks like a suitcase full of stuff...i just like to have what i think i need depending on weather and such....because don't think you can't kill a turkey in the rain...