turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wanting New Gun

Started by Buzzkiller, March 03, 2017, 10:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzkiller

I have narrowed down to the Benelli SB2 or Browning A5.
I like the feel of the A5 a little better but scared of the dura touch camo finish.
What are the pros and cons of each?

taylorjones20

Pros - they are both excellent guns!
Cons - I don't have any complaints with my SBE2.  I have a buddy who has a new A5 and loves it more than his SBE2.  So basically I have no cons lol

It will ultimately come down to personal preference and which ever one fits you the best.

I would go with SBE2  ;D
Alive only by the Grace Of God

WNCTracker

I just went through this. Everybody loves a certain one so opinions just made my decision even harder. It was my first nice gun purchase. I bought the SBE 2. For 2 reasons. 1.  It's a great gun with great reputation and 2. I Got a smokin deal on the benelli because the SBE3 is out now. The gunshop owner told me that in order to be a benelli dealer they have to continuously order them from benelli or they can't get them. (Not sure this is true but I believe him because he Told me after the purchase)So they don't necessarily order based on demand and if you time it right they need to deal in order to sell the sbe2 now that the sbe3 is out. Good look it's a hard decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeymanjim

I have both guns that you are talking about. The benelli's are in my opinion one of the best shotguns made, they will cycle just about any shell that you feed it. The Browning guns in my opinion are some of the best patterning guns that you can buy, because of the back bored barrels on them. The dura touch finish on the Browning shotguns feel fantastic in your hand, and are a little more durable than my benelli's cordoba's with the tight grip finish. Both guns you described are inertia guns. If  I were you, I would go by feel. So good luck deciding. You can't go wrong with either one.