News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Curious?? Camo trumpet??

Started by SteelerFan, March 02, 2017, 12:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

After seeing posts by mastevt and his great looking pots:

I was wondering if anyone has ever built or bought a trumpet that was similarly dyed camo?? Most all the trumpets I have seen are truly works of art - finer than most furniture. But since we all have a little camo-crack addiction, I think it would be pretty cool to see a camo trumpet.

Bowhuntr73

blackfalcon

I don't have anything to compare to that..gorgeous! Would love to make a trumpet from a similar blank
Here is some old school camo and some Juma woodland camo

Bowhuntr73

NCbowjunkie

I have been stabilizing some oak burl green for crow calls and hooters for Darrell Gibson,they come out like that, when I seen the pot I was thing boy it would be nice to have a threesome like that. I think I will pick out some tomorrow and start it in green stabilizer since I have it set up.

mgm1955

Great idea! Would be great to see one.

blackfalcon

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on March 02, 2017, 04:52:28 PM
I have been stabilizing some oak burl green for crow calls and hooters for Darrell Gibson,they come out like that, when I seen the pot I was thing boy it would be nice to have a threesome like that. I think I will pick out some tomorrow and start it in green stabilizer since I have it set up.
I might be interested in a blank or two if you could pm me a picture and price

blackfalcon

I forgot about this one I made in Stabilized Buckeye Burl

Bowhuntr73

Wow thats really nice. Let me know if you make anything like that again.

West Augusta

I have a camo Goose wing bone call.  I'll dig it out tomorrow.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

paboxcall

I wrap my trumpets with the non-adhesive stretchy camo medical wrap.  Thanks to Boatpaddle here at OG for this idea!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

troutfisher13111

That's different

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

misfire

Decided to give it a try myself. I used bamboo and then dyed it with green and then black splotches
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net