turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gluing Crystal and Glass

Started by fenderhunt4, February 28, 2017, 07:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fenderhunt4

I have a question. It might just have a simple answer?...

I'm going to put a few pot calls together for some family and friends and I'm going to use clear glass and crystal. I was wondering how I can keep it looking nice when I glue it down? I don't want a bunch of gooey looking marks all along the rim from the inside. Is there a way to make it smooth so you don't even notice it once it sets? I've always done slate or aluminum in the past so I never had to worry about appearance - nor do even know what it looks like from the inside when it's glued down.

Thanks!

870BkWht

I don't build calls but could you put the glue in a small applicator bottle to allow you to be more precise?

Did you try your question over on the call making board?

pauld

Be accurate with it and use the proper amount, not to much, not to little. Recommend putting it in a 6cc syringe.

fenderhunt4

Thanks for the advice. I will try that.

Reloader

I use Fletch-tite platinum.  The small applicator tip works well, it's clear, and the stuff holds really well. 

doublespurs21

Quote from: Reloader on March 08, 2017, 04:26:02 PM
I use Fletch-tite platinum.  The small applicator tip works well, it's clear, and the stuff holds really well.
I don't know about that,,,  that glue is crap, does not glue feathers to arrow shafts all at,

Reloader

It works pretty good on vanes.  Never tried it with feathers.  Even with vanes it takes a while to set, so it's not easy like the various super glues. 

When I make pots I clamp the surface in for at least 24hrs and the FTP has never let go even on poly.

Ericbrooks

Worst glue I've ever used for fletching.
Hopefully it holds for your pots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk