turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where are the Browning BPS 20 guages.

Started by USMC0331, February 26, 2017, 08:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMC0331

Still looking into getting a pump 20 guage for turkey hunting but curious to why there is not any BPS 20 guage set ups ? Are the Browning shotguns hard to set up?

SumToy

The browning and winchester stuff with invector plus will scream.   :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

USMC0331

TrackeySauresRex

Here's a little taste. This is my son's 20 ga BPS,28" barrel,fiber sights. The photo was taken back in the spring of 2013.

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on April 05, 2013, 02:04:04 PM
Well, we were at it again
Fed 7's @ 35 220 hits
Bps w/Trulock .585

conditions were almost perfect

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

wibirdhunter

Might as well shoot a 12 gauge if you're going to carry the weight of a 20 gauge bps.

Mine was over 7 pounds.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: wibirdhunter on February 26, 2017, 06:23:09 PM
Might as well shoot a 12 gauge if you're going to carry the weight of a 20 gauge bps.

Mine was over 7 pounds.
you got that right, they are heavy
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

CrustyRusty

Ive got a 20 bps flavored in Realtree xtra with a 26" barrel.  It is drilled and tapped.  Its by far my favorite turkey shotgun.  I will post pics later. 

It is heavy for a 20 ga, but it actually only weighs 6lbs 12 oz and the day I cant carry that is the day I best give up hunting.  It is very well made, shoots amazing patterns and has little recoil. 

If you like the reliability of a pump, a top tang safety and a very well made shotgun, its a great choice and I too am surprised its not used more often. 

Now having said that, sadly I dont use it often.   I like the gun so much that I rarely use it, which is a shame and dumb I know, but I hunt hard and it would kill me to get any marks on it. 

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Killerstump on February 27, 2017, 10:33:51 AM
Probably in gun cabinets. Who wants to carry 7lb gun around turkey hunting. Not this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:TooFunny: ^^^^^

This is why I only shoot jakes. I hate carrying them big ol' Toms out.  :funnyturkey:

wibirdhunter

Quote from: Killerstump on February 27, 2017, 10:33:51 AM
Probably in gun cabinets. Who wants to carry 7lb gun around turkey hunting. Not this guy

I have no problem carrying a 7+ pound gun but  I have a 12 gauge that's 3.5 inch chambered that weighs less than the bps I had and with a longer barrel.

mote1977

I have a BPS youth model, 22" barrel, being dipped. I'll post some pics when I get it back.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: mote1977 on February 27, 2017, 10:10:20 PM
I have a BPS youth model, 22" barrel, being dipped. I'll post some pics when I get it back.

:icon_thumright:

mote1977

Just pick my BPS youth model up from being dipped today. Now I need to run some TSS thru it.

Buford

Nice mo camo on the outside and slick and smother onthe inside.    Buford

CrustyRusty

Very nice, hope it doesn't weigh too much  ::)

What choke and shells will you be using?

mote1977

I'll be shoot TSS hand loads, not sure on the choke yet. I'll have to see which one patterns to my liking. I have a carlsons .575, primos tightwad .570, kicks .560, and a swarm .555 to try.