turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Metal mouth

Started by Txag12, February 24, 2017, 09:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

Just picked one up and got it in hand...torn on how I feel about it. A lot different sounding and almost more mellow than the mistress or sister. Seems to sound best with a good bit of striker pressure. What are yalls preferred strikers on it? I'm leaning a stuckey tulipwood and Lyman snake wood right now

Snood Life

I stuck with David's two piece Dymondwood. When I first got it, I felt it was a lot different than the other pots I typically took in the woods. But the turkeys sure seemed to like it.

Team Bucky

Play the call in the words it sounds much better in the timber than it does in the living room. Get some one else to play and get 100 yards away. It's all turkey.

drenalinld

Running it with a Torman Dymondwood right now. That call is on fire to my ear. I absolutely love the mellower more mature sound and the fact it will run cleaner with less rasp much easier than most crystal pots. The main reason I bought it. If I can't take all the rasp out and bring it in a little or a lot when wanted with a striker/pot combo I don't hunt it. This one is easy to do it on and the tone is great for my ear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drenalinld

That said, I will choose blue Mahoe crystal and sapele Crystal from Shaffer, Dawkins crystal in walnut or plastic pot and Lonzo acrylic crystal or crystal in Padauk pots all over the metal mouth but it is very close and that is elite company for crystal pots!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stump.270

Condition with 100 grit sand paper and take it outside it sounds great in the woods also make small circles it rolls over so nice I play mine with a lonzo one piece d wood a woodhave one piece or the d wood halloran swnds with the call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yelpy

I traded up for a Metal Mouth and I sure am loving it!! It sure is an easy runner. I been running the Halloran 2 piece diamond wood striker. Are you guys using any of David's one piece strikers on it? I am looking for another good striker to just change up the sound a little.

vt35mag

Quote from: yelpy on March 21, 2017, 03:49:59 PM
I traded up for a Metal Mouth and I sure am loving it!! It sure is an easy runner. I been running the Halloran 2 piece diamond wood striker. Are you guys using any of David's one piece strikers on it? I am looking for another good striker to just change up the sound a little.

Mine came with Yellowheart. 

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 21, 2017, 04:31:36 PM
Quote from: yelpy on March 21, 2017, 03:49:59 PM
try David's one piece ipe :icon_thumright:

This. His one piece Ipe was shipped with mine and that thing is fire. It's a cleaner sound than most crystal pots, but you can absolutely feel the "thump" at the end of the yelp in your eardrums. Sounds great in the woods...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."