Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Buying Season

Started by davisd9, February 24, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Trying to stay away from places to buy turkey stuff.  This time of the year I am all antsy and feed the need with buying stuff I "have to have".  Well I been pretty good so far this year.  Just bought a Fowler striker, some shotgun wads, and a couple face masks (I am a face mask snob and the first I bought I really did not care for after wearing it a bit.  Love the other.)  Only thing left is some shot, hope to buy 3 pounds here soon.  Good luck to any of your fellows fighting the urge as well! 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

I think most feel the urge. Scouting feeds the need. Regardless most guys buy things they don't need. Think about it last day of season they were fine n opening day which is only one hunt day later we feel we need stuff.
I'm def guilty n enjoy all of it

Rzrbac

I've bought more than I needed. Bought a Roger Latham box yesterday. I have pretty much changed out my whole friction call setup even though I don't use them that much.  I still need shells and mouth calls.  My son picked up a couple of Hooks calls yesterday and he will be home this evening so I'll see how I like those. Hopefully they sound good and I can have him pick me up some more next week and then I'll be down to just shells.

I also just finished a conversation with my cousin. We were leaning toward a MS hunt but now it's looking like we may just cancel. I really want to hunt out west for a Merriams next year so I need to start saving now!

SFCSNOW

No doubt I'm addicted to buying gear I really don't NEED.  It's even worse every year when the new bows are released!

Rzrbac

I used to buy bows quite frequently myself. That's a bad habit!

trkehunr93

I'm good, might get some shells but thats about it. 

Rzrbac

Just tried out some Hooks. I really like that 4 reed v. Heartthrob was pretty good. I'll pick up some more of those. Think I just found a new brand.

davisd9

Hooks are priced very well also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rzrbac

5.99 at a bow shop in Jonesboro, AR. I've never seen them sold around here and lucky for me I'll be sending my son back to college Monday with a little extra cash.

dirt road ninja

I've bought another mask, jacket, trumpet, 3 pounds of shot and a pair of gloves. Almost bought another shotgun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Rzrbac

You guys load your own shells? That's getting serious!  I only get to kill 2 birds each year in MO, a box of shells will last me a few years.

dirt road ninja

This will be my 2nd season rolling my own. I chased numbers for years and after being disappointed in what I could buy - made the decision to try tss. It's great stuff. My 20 gauge now out performs what my 12 use to do with 2 7/16 Nitros.

davisd9

I jumped to loading my own because I got tried of Hevi Shot prices going up and the pattern counts going down. Now that I have what I need it does not cost me any more to reload than it did to buy Hevi. I am also shooting a 20 ga instead of 12.

Rzrbac

Couple more Hooks calls and some shells and I'm good. My son is gonna pick up an Executioner 2 and a 3 reed v. I'll likely be done. I did add this but more for sentimental reasons and not sure if I'll take it to the woods.

Bowguy

Quote from: Rzrbac on February 26, 2017, 01:32:03 PM
Couple more Hooks calls and some shells and I'm good. My son is gonna pick up an Executioner 2 and a 3 reed v. I'll likely be done. I did add this but more for sentimental reasons and not sure if I'll take it to the woods.

Tell him to try the heart throb. Best call they make imo