OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Remington question

Started by jwork, February 22, 2017, 03:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwork

I'm looking to buy a Remington 870 youth 20 gauge for my wife to use this year. Are there different ones, like cheaper models. I found one at Walmart for 289 and the one at gander mountain and cabelas is 339 with 50 mail in rebate. Are they the same gun? They all say rem 870 youth. Thanks

J.D. Shellnut

I have a 870 express which is the cheaper gun. And a 870 wingmaster which is more expensive and I really don't know if they still make the wingmaster. Different stocks and forearms will make a difference in price also. But for those prices I would bet you are looking at the express at both stores.
60% of the time it works every time!

davisd9

Those are the same gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Quote from: jwork on February 22, 2017, 03:04:10 PM
I'm looking to buy a Remington 870 youth 20 gauge for my wife to use this year. Are there different ones, like cheaper models. I found one at Walmart for 289 and the one at gander mountain and cabelas is 339 with 50 mail in rebate. Are they the same gun? They all say rem 870 youth. Thanks
I always use my wife as reason to buy a new gun also...ha ha ha ... :TooFunny:

tha bugman

jwork

Is the express a good gun? Also which choke and shells should I go with?

davisd9

Yes it is a fine gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeyman11

Bought my 11 year old the same gun.  Have had really good luck with the Primos jelly head choke. 

Stumpy225

Same gun but it's less money at Walley world. Unless it's synthetic couldn't find one at Wally World.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Turkeyman11 on February 22, 2017, 09:10:07 PM
Bought my 11 year old the same gun.  Have had really good luck with the Primos jelly head choke.
A couple others also to think about are The Primos tightwad choke. It worked really well in my son's Youth 20g.also reading on here Sumtoys also seems to do well.

J.D. Shellnut

Quote from: jwork on February 22, 2017, 04:55:09 PM
Is the express a good gun? Also which choke and shells should I go with?
Like stated earlier. A very fine little gun. I plan on hunting some with my sons gun this year. Plan on trying the new 20 gauge long beards with it. Which Natchez shooters supply has right now.
60% of the time it works every time!

trkehunr93

Same gun.  I'd get a mossberg though  ;D

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 23, 2017, 12:25:44 AM
Quote from: Turkeyman11 on February 22, 2017, 09:10:07 PM
A couple others also to think about are The Primos tightwad choke. It worked really well in my son's Youth 20g.also reading on here Sumtoys also seems to do well.
Mine did not like it, had a tight pattern but was vertical... weird to see a pattern that was shaped mostly about 8" wide then 30" tall.  Hard to explain.  they are all different tho, mine seems to prefer the Carlsons .575
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

deerbasshunter3

Mine likes the Hevi 13 .662 paired with Long Beard 3" #6.

FullChoke

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on February 23, 2017, 09:18:38 AM
Mine likes the Hevi 13 .662 paired with Long Beard 3" #6.
OP is looking into a 20 gauge.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.