North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Update: Bad news

Started by anthonyjhallen, February 19, 2017, 04:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Gents,

I am sad to say that I will not be making it back to the states this year to hunt.  The Army has made an art form of changing peoples plans with little or no warning.  You would think after 16 years I would be used to it by now...  Anyways, I had a pretty good runs so far because I haven't missed a turkey season since 2006.  Thats pretty good considering everything that has happened during that time, so I am grateful.   

With that said, it makes no sense for me to take up a slot on the team if I will not be hunting this year.  I thought about asking OG if I could take up a managerial position so y'all could focus on hunting but even that will be impossible considering that amount of unknown factors coming up for me this spring.  So, just off the top of my head here is what needs to happen:

1.  I will get your banners done within the next week.  If you haven't updated the tread with your current kill count please do that now.

2.  We need to find a replacement hunter.  If you have someone in mind let us know.  Remember, we are the returning champions.  Lets find someone that can put up some points.  If you are going to make a recommendation make sure you have some numbers to back up your pick.  Lets make a good logical decision rather than just picking up someone off the street.

3.  We need to find a replacement Captain.  We can go about this one of two ways.  One, you all vote for the person you want to take over, or two, I pick my replacement.  I think both options would produce the same person, but thats just an assumption. Lets not delay this one.  At the end of the week (26FEB) we need to have a solid plan of how we want to solve this problem.

The silver lining of the whole situation was hard to find at first, but myself and my way wife both got our German fishing licenses yesterday.  Its a huge process to get a license over here for a German citizen, much less an American whose German is "nicht so gute."  The good thing is I will have something to do rather than sit at my desk and wish I was turkey hunting.  I know its going to suck, and its probably going to suck bad, but at least I can fish.  We have found some pretty awesome, seldom fished, native brown trout waters that only allows flyfishing, so hopefully that eases the sting.  Mentally I have to prepare myself for spring because turkey season has been apart of my life for the past 30ish years.  It will definitely be a test.

Anyways... make sure you give your input of the three questions above.  I would like to have them all solved by the end of the week 26FEB.

Thanks,

Anthony

Roost 1

My vote is for you to remain on the team. If I understand the rules we have 12 teammates but only 9 birds count anyways. So, I say we win or lose as a team as opposed to picking up a guy just for one season. This is just how I feel. Thanks again for your service and sacrifices that allow us these freedoms.

Secondly I vote for Hookedspur for captain.

Good luck with the fishing please post some pics from time to time.

hookedspur

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 19, 2017, 07:53:36 AM
My vote is for you to remain on the team. If I understand the rules we have 12 teammates but only 9 birds count anyways. So, I say we win or lose as a team as opposed to picking up a guy just for one season. This is just how I feel. Thanks again for your service and sacrifices that allow us these freedoms.

Secondly I vote for Hookedspur for captain.

Good luck with the fishing please post some pics from time to time.

I feel the same way as ROOST1 Anthony was a founding member and I don't want to lose him either.
We are a team so my vote is Anthony stays and will be a Crusader !
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

Ditto what the others have said. Sounds like it's pretty much solved.

anthonyjhallen

Guys, it's not like I am leaving forever. Extreme worst case scenario is I don't get to hunt for the next 3-4 years.  I appreciate the gesture to leave me on the team but I will have to respectfully decline. I couldn't hold a spot when someone else could contribute. I will still be around, just not as a listed team member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmadams

I hate to hear that bud! But thank you for all you do for our country!

BOFF

Sorry to read Anthony.

Thank you for your service.

Don't know if I'll hunt much this year, but would be glad to fill in if needed.

God Bless,
David B.

GobbleNut

First off,...Sorry to hear that you will not be able to hunt this year Anthony (but hope the fishing is a temporary, but adequate, substitute)

Secondly,...Steve (hookedspur) is the obvious choice for taking over the ship.

Thirdly, David (BOFF) is an original team member who had to drop off a couple of years ago due to circumstances similar to Anthony's, and I would highly recommend that we pick him back up as the replacement member until Anthony can return. 

hookedspur

I agree ,it would great to have David (BOFF) back he is a killer.
CRUSADERS

GobbleNut

....So, in order to get these issues finalized for this year, I make a motion that hookedspur be designated official captain and that BOFF be added as the replacement team member for Anthony.  Any dissenters?....

hookedspur

Thanks fellows  and BOFF is back
Now let's defend our championship and go get them big ole Hookedspured  Gobblers
Please respond to the banner count Anthony is going to fix them
CRUSADERS

BOFF

Thank you gentlemen!

God Bless,
David B.