turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

supernova what choke for lbxr 5s

Started by dzsmith, February 18, 2017, 06:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzsmith

my buddy bought a supernova. he has shot lbxr 5s since they hit the market. he randomly bought a carlsons choke made for the lbxrs and a jellyhead max. I believe they were both 660 or 665 ,anyway they both shot kinda crappy in my opinion I wouldn't want to shoot past about 25 with them. I personally shoot and 870 with a sumtoy , but he doesn't have time now to get a choke built or anything. any ideas off the top of your head for a choke that works well with benelli novas that will get him a killing pattern at 40 with #5 longbeards. he doesn't have much time to experiment but id like to see him in the put some good numbers up at 40 to make him feel confident as this is a new gun for him and hes a little discouraged at the moment and doesn't have time to experiment. he shoots 3" shells , even though its a super nova
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Daniel703

For my Benelli nova I got a regular carlsons .650 extended non ported choke and it gives me around 190 in a 10 inch at 40. I shot the 3 1/2" 5s standard velocity 1200 fps.

dzsmith

he shoots 3" shells, might do the trick though. thanks for replying

BowBendr

Quote from: dzsmith on February 18, 2017, 06:11:37 PM
my buddy bought a supernova. he has shot lbxr 5s since they hit the market. he randomly bought a carlsons choke made for the lbxrs and a jellyhead max. I believe they were both 660 or 665 ,anyway they both shot kinda crappy in my opinion I wouldn't want to shoot past about 25 with them.

If he tried both of those chokes and it wasn't good past 25 something is seriously wrong and it isn't the chokes I'd say....
POI has to be way off vs the POA or something. Never heard of a wlb pattern falling apart that fast with any choke.

Gods of Thunder

SumToy

who dont have time to get choke built. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

dzsmith

well im not literally saying you don't have time will, we got about 3 and 1/2 weeks to get his gun shooting. ill call you tomorrow and see whats up

C.Kimzey95

Yeah something's up there. My nova with the original .655 jellyhead kills at 40 easily with 3 or 3.5 " 5's

dzsmith

yeah his isn't that tight though. its like a 665 or 660. maybe 655 is the magic number for him. another buddy of mine has a 660 jellyhead in his sbe2 and with nitro 457s he put 343 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards. don't believe me I have the pics to prove not to mention I was the witness. but I think we gone play around with the 655 number. on 2 different forums 655 seems to be what most people are using on the benellis with 5s