OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Ceramic Call -Whats a Good One to Buy?

Started by 870camomagnum, February 17, 2017, 08:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870camomagnum

I am waiting to buy a Ceramic Call & was looking for some ideas, what's some that are great sounding buys? Thanks for your ideas & help!

Ol Yelper

I have two of David Hallorans Ceramic calls and they both sound very good, look nice to. I don't think you can go wrong with Halloran calls and the Ceramic is a good one. I also have a Brad Roberts but I'm not sure he is still building them.

870BkWht

Daybreak Padauk Ceramic.  In my opinion, (we all have our own) is the best sounding ceramic pot call you can buy. 

I have had countless ceramic pots over the years looking for that perfect sound, but the Daybreak is the one that has sounded the best.  Some other honorable mentions from other makers are Andy Kaiser, American Strutter, Halloran, and Spring Allure.

hunter22

tomfooleryy

Jbird22

Spitten and drummen

Olin humpries and kevin farr make outstanding ceramic pot calls. I have several but wouldnt hesitate to hunt either. I have a halloran and after experimenting with several strikers , i found one that really brought it to life.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tennessee Lead

I fell in love with Halloran's ceramic today
Plan on leaving with it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhuntr73

870camomagnum

Thank You everyone much for your help, ideas & information on the many different calls out there, sounds like right now I can't go wrong with a Halloran Ceramic it has many good comments & everyone who has 1 is pleased with it! Thanks & keep the ideas coming!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

WV Ridge Reaper

Bowguy

I'm not a big ceramic guy but I have a Kaiser I like and Shafers is good too

Footballer

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 17, 2017, 11:22:07 PM
I fell in love with Halloran's ceramic today
Plan on leaving with it tomorrow.

It sounded awesome!

sixbird

Generally not a huge fan of ceramic but Pecker Wrecker (Kevin Farr) makes a great one and not to forget Lonnie Sneed. Lonnie found some ceramic and he's making them again at least until he runs out of material. Lonnie's number is 1-304-425-3021. Kevin has a website that you can order from.