turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eotech reviews please

Started by turkey buster, February 17, 2017, 04:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

I recently swapped the eotech off my AR for a different optic and have but the eotech on one of my turkey rigs. I'm just looking for reviews, tips, etc of others who have a eotech they use for turkey hunting. Please no second/third hand I seen it on the internet junk, trust me if you've read it, I probably have too. Thanks for your comments.

Jroddc

I have one on my turkey gun... like it a lot haven't had any problems so far and can say if I didn't have it there was one bird in particular last year I would've definitely missed.

turkey buster

Have you found the claim to be true that even if not shouldered well that the shot still impacts where the dot is aimed? Meaning if I'm twisted 180 on a moving turkey without the best shooting form is the red dot true even if not centered in the eotech sight window.

Gumby

It will shoot where the dot is regardless of your head location and position of the dot within the field of view. It is zero parallax

Jroddc

Quote from: turkey buster on February 17, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Have you found the claim to be true that even if not shouldered well that the shot still impacts where the dot is aimed? Meaning if I'm twisted 180 on a moving turkey without the best shooting form is the red dot true even if not centered in the eotech sight window.
Yes the bird I mentioned earlier was one of those contortionist positions. Was hunting with a friend of mine and he had shot a bird that had another one with it after he shot his he told me to shoot and the other bird was about 30 yards and leaving. I had to almost lay flat backwards while my buddy held me up by my hood, put the dot on the birds neck and squeezed the trigger. Couldn't believe I hit him because of the circumstances, the dot wasn't centered in the window and I definitely hit what I was aiming at.

turkey buster

Quote from: Jroddc on February 17, 2017, 05:04:58 PM
Yes the bird I mentioned earlier was one of those contortionist positions. Was hunting with a friend of mine and he had shot a bird that had another one with it after he shot his he told me to shoot and the other bird was about 30 yards and leaving. I had to almost lay flat backwards while my buddy held me up by my hood, put the dot on the birds neck and squeezed the trigger. Couldn't believe I hit him because of the circumstances, the dot wasn't centered in the window and I definitely hit what I was aiming at.

That's what I'm wanting! I had to pass a shot on one last year because they busted me from behind and by time I twisted I couldn't get my rifled TruGlo magnum gobble dots sights on him.

How is the shooting it with turkey loads and your cheek not being fully down because of its height?

Jroddc

Not bad at all. It doesn't seem to matter much.

chatterbox

Quote from: turkey buster on February 17, 2017, 05:13:00 PM

That's what I'm wanting! I had to pass a shot on one last year because they busted me from behind and by time I twisted I couldn't get my rifled TruGlo magnum gobble dots sights on him.

How is the shooting it with turkey loads and your cheek not being fully down because of its height?
I found it heavy, and sat too high for my liking. First few times I shot with it, I got wicked cheek slap.
I installed a cheek riser, but never got comfortable with it.

turkey buster

Quote from: chatterbox on February 19, 2017, 03:19:26 PM
Quote from: turkey buster on February 17, 2017, 05:13:00 PM

I found it heavy, and sat too high for my liking. First few times I shot with it, I got wicked cheek slap.
I installed a cheek riser, but never got comfortable with it.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen with me

turkey_picker

I've been shooting one for a couple of years now, no problems and like it better than other red dots I have seen.  I have probably shot 20 or so times with mine, between hunting and patterning different shells, never had a problem with cheek slap. I wear glasses and I like the height of the sight, lets me hold my head up more. In the past I would be looking over my glasses or through the top edge, causing focus issues.  Hunt with it you will like it!  :fud: