turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SBE2 question

Started by WNCTracker, February 16, 2017, 08:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Does anybody have the Turkey edition SBE2?  If so, do you think the extra cost is worth the performance compared to the classic SBE2? 

1iagobblergetter

I don't have one (have 2 other SBE2s),but did some checking into them several years back. It was alot cheaper to buy a SBE2 and ship it to Rob Robert's he's the one that does the building of them for Benelli or at least did back then. I think his business is Rob Roberts Gunworks....

rpinks

I have a SBE2 with the pistol grip that's a dedicated turkey gun. I took my trigger assembly out and sent to Rob Roberts to have done $100.00. I like to shoot different chokes and loads myself just what I like. The trigger is much lighter and smooth now worth every penny. That's what I would do if you have time and enjoy it. If not I would buy one done. Have a great season.
Thanks, RP

taylorjones20

I have a SBE2 that I sent to Rob Roberts and had the forcing cone, trigger, and porting done.  I like it.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Smooth_Operator

Would be cheaper to buy the gun yourself and ship it to Rob to have whatever you want done to it, rather than buying the Rob Roberts version from Benelli...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

deadbuck

I know a guy that has one slightly used that is for sale. PM me if you want to see it.

CrustyRusty

I have a sbe2 that I have had since they came out. I add a pistol grip for turkey and predator season and a fast fire and a choke tube. That's it!  I have killed a ton of game with it and have patterned it extensively and question how much of an improvement sending it out would accomplish.

I would rather invest in a good sight, a good choke and a lot of shells that it likes and not worry about what might only be marginal increases in performance. A better trigger would be nice however.

J.D. Shellnut

What Rusty said. I have 870 max gobbler I sent to rhino and had all the bells and whistles done to it. Make no mistake it is awesome on paper and you can dang near take his head off in the woods. But with that being said. I bought a sbe2 put a Rob Roberts 660 in it with LB #6's and that's all I hunted with last year and the birds flopping on the ground couldn't tell the difference. I may get the forcing cone lengthened to uniform my pattern but I also just like tinkering with my guns.
60% of the time it works every time!

reynolds243

I was looking toward the performance version but it turned out to be cheaper for me to buy a used SBE2 and send it to Rob and have it dipped, forcing cone done and ported. Got a pistol grip stock off ebay and sent it with the gun to match.  was well worth it for me as well, it patterns and shoots like a dream now.

spaightlabs

I found used  black synthetic SBE2 in a pawnshop a few years ago and picked it up for $600.

I cleaned it up and hit it with Duracoat to keep the rust off of it, stuck a choke tube in it and have hunted turks in 3 states every year since and it does just fine.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, and the turkeys you shoot don't have enough pellets in 'em for your liking, go for it.

Or, save the $$ and treat yourself to a nice hunt somewhere.  Better yet, do something nice for Momma, she probably deserves it.

Naylor649

I actually recently put it to paper on sending it to Rob or buying the special addition. You will save around 3-$500 bucks. All depends on what you pay for your SBE2