OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Flextone Decoys.

Started by supremepredator, February 14, 2017, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

Any thoughts on these? They look pretty good to me. Im digging the tom decoy.
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

supremepredator

Greg Massey

They look pretty good. I think Midway is running a pretty good sales on these ...less than 50 dollars

Gobble!

MK M GOBL

So I know we are looking at half the price of a DSD and they do look okay (got these in the store a couple of weeks ago). First thing I noticed is how drab they look... DSD paint jobs "color" are way better than this and have an iridescence to them, put them in the sun and the just come alive!

And I know there are those that will say it just don't make a difference, but I can tell you from my experience it does. Not only having birds come in to the decoys instead of just looking at them but coming in and being calm/at ease around them or "Dominance Game" to the Jake or Strutter. I have used and seen plenty of other decoys used and nothing else compares to DSD for durability, detail and body position. IMHO

DSD USA buy them once and don't look back :)

https://www.facebook.com/davesmithdecoys/videos/906182492851500/

MK M GOBL

wernerjd

Like mentioned above nothing better than DSD. Flexstone decoys also probably made over seas which is another reason to buy DSD.

Greg Massey

Buy what you can afford and just enjoy the hunt. It doesn't take high dollar decoy to kill turkeys. I agree those are nice if you want to pay the price. That Gobbler looks to have a lot of white in it's color, never seen a real gobbler look just like that one, more black in color around my area. If you look more than likely the CAMO you have on is not made in the USA...But i do buy USA stuff if i can...

supremepredator

If we really want to get technical, a mounted gobbler is by far the most realistic decoy you can get. But then there's price, durability and portability problems.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: supremepredator on February 14, 2017, 10:37:54 PM
If we really want to get technical, a mounted gobbler is by far the most realistic decoy you can get. But then there's price, durability and portability problems.

Close but we used to have an old bronze breasted tom on the farm and he would follow me around anywhere, he gobbled at almost anything and liked to strut and dance. Now if I could have just brought him along then your talking about a "real" decoy. Of course the DNR might be talking with me :)

MK M GOBL

supremepredator

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 14, 2017, 11:00:40 PM

Close but we used to have an old bronze breasted tom on the farm and he would follow me around anywhere, he gobbled at almost anything and liked to strut and dance. Now if I could have just brought him along then your talking about a "real" decoy. Of course the DNR might be talking with me :)

MK M GOBL
that's true. Hunters did used to use live hens as decoys back in the day.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: supremepredator on February 14, 2017, 11:51:31 PM
Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 14, 2017, 11:00:40 PM

MK M GOBL
that's true. Hunters did used to use live hens as decoys back in the day.

Yes my dad did this with his dad when he was young, a little wooden box with a couple of call ducks (Khaki Campbell call ducks) they would take along. Dad kept some on the farm for a time, he just used to like to hear them talk :)

MK M GOBL

Gobble!

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 14, 2017, 10:20:36 PM
Buy what you can afford and just enjoy the hunt. It doesn't take high dollar decoy to kill turkeys. I agree those are nice if you want to pay the price. That Gobbler looks to have a lot of white in it's color, never seen a real gobbler look just like that one, more black in color around my area. If you look more than likely the CAMO you have on is not made in the USA...But i do buy USA stuff if i can...

I'm not a fan of the new coloring they put on the strutter either. Glad I got mine before they made the change.

tha bugman

My favorite thing about them is the foldaway decoy stake.  Pretty cool.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 14, 2017, 08:54:02 PM
So I know we are looking at half the price of a DSD and they do look okay (got these in the store a couple of weeks ago). First thing I noticed is how drab they look... DSD paint jobs "color" are way better than this and have an iridescence to them, put them in the sun and the just come alive!

MK M GOBL

My first thought was they look really drab in color

I don't use decoys much but if I bow hunted them I would
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>