OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ALPS grand slam vest

Started by jk6140, February 14, 2017, 02:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk6140

Sorry if it's been brought up before but I saw them on sale. The ones on sale are one size fits most. Does anyone own this vest in one size fits most?  I am an all around bigger guy and I am trying to see if it will adjust to a 2x/3x. Any help would be great.

Mizzouhntr

I asked them myself... here is their response

Thank you for contacting us regarding our Grand Slam Turkey Vest. Our product team is working on getting some guide lines up on our website for purchasing the standard vs XL. If you have a 40"+ waist, you should purchase the XL. If you are under 40", the standard would  work for you. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you and have a great day!

TANK

I have the Grand Slam in Bottomland, one size fits most. I wear xl T-Shirts and this vest is kinda tight on me (5.9" 215 lbs). I took that kickstand contraption out and tossed it. It makes the vest heavy and also a lot tighter on me. Anymore questions I'll try to answer them for you.

jk6140

Thanks for the replies guys.  I think if I do get one I will go with the XL.  Im more of a 2xl but will hope it adjusts.  That's if I can find one on sale.  If not I will get another primos gobbler lounger. 

TANK

Quote from: jk6140 on February 15, 2017, 04:21:03 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.  I think if I do get one I will go with the XL.  Im more of a 2xl but will hope it adjusts.  That's if I can find one on sale.  If not I will get another primos gobbler lounger.
You should be ok...very nice vest

Gobble!

Looks like the back is padded, are the pads very thick? How many magnets hold up the seat? Do they seem strong or do you think it would flop around when you run? Seat pretty thick and comfortable? Thanks.

TANK

Quote from: Gobble! on February 16, 2017, 01:37:39 PM
Looks like the back is padded, are the pads very thick? How many magnets hold up the seat? Do they seem strong or do you think it would flop around when you run? Seat pretty thick and comfortable? Thanks.
The back pads are actually very thick & somewhat rigid. If you sit by a tree that has a knot on it you should be protected from that terrible pain we've all experienced! Lol
2 large magnets hold the seat to the back but it also has 2 buckles and straps you can secure it with. Seat is also thick and comfortable.
I'll try and get you some pics when I get off work.

Naylor649

I love mine. Back has very nice padding on it. Ran the kick stand last year but will probably run without it this year. It kinda becomes a pain after a while and I can always find a nice tree lol. The biggest improvement they made was the feet for the kick stand. On them cool morning and the ground is still soft they would sink into the ground. Now with the pads on the legs that should eliminate that.

shedhunta

I am 5' 10" 165 and the one size is big on me.  Hope that helps