OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for feedback.... Crystal Ping **updated sound file!

Started by John Sinclair CustomCalls, February 13, 2017, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLH

Sounds exactly like a guy running a pot call.....and nothing like any turkey I've heard  :)

Rzrbac

I would agree it sounds pretty high on the front of the yelp but I bet it will make a public land pressured bird gobble on a windy day! 

spurz

Quote from: Rzrbac on February 14, 2017, 04:42:28 PM
I would agree it sounds pretty high on the front of the yelp but I bet it will make a public land pressured bird gobble on a windy day!

Agreed. I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckrub

Quote from: Clardh on February 14, 2017, 10:03:51 AM
I personally think it's one of your best sounding pots. If you could bring down the real high pitched front end, to me it would be perfect!
X3 Right at the first part of yelp like was said is to screechy,and after that it's golden...

X4 to me there is a unnatural begining sound. It is super high pitched and doesn't sound natural. The rest like the others have said sound great.

I have to agree with this observation. I love the backend, if the frontend could tone down just a bit it would be AWESOME !!!!!

John Sinclair CustomCalls

Thanks for all the feedback!!!!!! I am listening, stay tuned, I made some alterations, and trying a secret soundboard. I LOVE experimenting to get the sound you guys want. I'm toning down the front end but keeping the Yelp and rasp the same. I will post soundfiles in a day or two of the modified pot.
Once again, thanks for the feedback, I can't make one call everyone likes but I'm looking for a new sound in my lineup????

1iagobblergetter

Look forward in hearing it and appreciate the opportunity to give you an opinion...

Snood Life

Clardh

Yes John, you are really putting yourself out there and that's commendable. You make some beautiful calls. I have a Lignum vitea of yours with a titanium playing surface and I love that call.  Keep up the good work!

EZ

Quote from: John Sinclair CustomCalls on February 14, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
Thanks for all the feedback!!!!!! I am listening, stay tuned, I made some alterations, and trying a secret soundboard. I LOVE experimenting to get the sound you guys want. I'm toning down the front end but keeping the Yelp and rasp the same. I will post soundfiles in a day or two of the modified pot.
Once again, thanks for the feedback, I can't make one call everyone likes but I'm looking for a new sound in my lineup????

I would love to hear that call from about 60 yards away in the woods. To me, I (and Gobblers) love that front end. You could always run a heavier, softer striker if you want to tone it down a bit, but I think as is, you got a call that will pile 'em up.

sbbow

Sounding good !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

***sound file #2 --> https://youtu.be/n1

I'm going to post a couple in the classifieds for an Old G "thanks for the feedback" price!!

Clardh

John,

Both pots and both strikers sound great. The two piece gaboon striker has what I like. It's an older hen sound on both pots. If I had to pick one it would be the cherry pot. Both sound great and to each his own. They are fine pot calls!

Doug

Double B

I also like the ebony better on both, but with the Paduak as my favorite combo.  Sounds like an old hen to me!
Followed by buzzards

TerryLNanny

I kind of like the prototype call sound better, a little high on the front, but sometimes that's what it takes. I think you should offer the call in a Ping I & Ping II model. If you were selling the prototype model, I'd buy it now.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

The padauk is the same pot with a different soundboard. The prototype padauk was a slate soundboard. I can make it with any soundboard. Pm me if you want one and what soundboard you want.