OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

March turkey hunting states

Started by claytonfaulkner, February 13, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytonfaulkner

I may have the last 2  weeks in March available to hunt. Here in Alabama the season opens up March 15, what about everywhere else? I'd like to get a  Merriams and a Rio during this time, then work on a occeola and eastern if I have any time left.

Without going through 50 states websites to view he season dates, who can tell me what states have an open season during March, and what subs are available.?

Gamblinman

South Texas March 18th. Many counties have a 4 bird limit. Very little public land, so be prepared to hunt with an outfitter.

I don't remember any open season for Merriam's that early.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

davisd9

March 20 on private here in SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wvboy

Nebraska Archery only opens on March 25th .. that is probably the only option for a Merriam that early unless you hunt an Indian Reservation .. and you need to go Northwest .. but expect cold weather and large flocks ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

eorlando

We open on March 4th down in the south zone here in FL. I can hardly wait.

Cove

You could go to Cali for a Rio also. That'll be a busy 2 weeks though. . . .

Parrot Head

Not Indiana that's for sure April 26th here.

LaLongbeard

Louisiana opens March 25 ...but I've read that will change next season to April 1 so maybe last year with a March opening
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

turkeyfoot

You would be better off staying south for March only Merriam I know of is Neb and its truly a crap shoot you entire trip could get canceled that time year with ice and snow the wet sloppy roads when it melts

hobbes

I believe California has Merriam's in the northern part of the state in the mountains.  However, they have Rios at lower elevations fairly close by.  "Hybrid" never bothered me.  From what little research that I've done, public land birds are spotty.   Most of their birds appear to be on private land.

If I had the cash this year, I'd be headed southeast to hunt hard gobbling Easterns during the last week of March.

LI Outdoorsman

Big perm2

March 15 here in the great state of Mississippi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLturkeyhunter

Florida opens up March 18th. Osceola where I hunt.

jblackburn

Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 14, 2017, 10:51:01 AM
Louisiana opens March 25 ...but I've read that will change next season to April 1 so maybe last year with a March opening

I heard that, too, I wish they'd cut off the last week instead of the first.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.