turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woodhaven copperhead 2

Started by darron, February 13, 2017, 07:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

Let me first start off by saying I have no affiliation with woodhaven or any other call company. When it comes to mouth calls I'm not great. I just picked up a copperhead 2 and it is by far the easiest call I have ever used and I actually sound like a turkey. I can yelp and cluck/cut great with it. I think I'm pretty good on friction calls and now I can actually put down the glass and slates when the bird is approaching.

Hooksfan

The Copperhead has been my favorite call for the pat several years. I'm having a hard time finding them this year--I sure hope they are still making them.

Bowguy

I used them too but they were inconsistent. One or two were good, next one id throw out. Wood haven is a little pricey. Hooks is more consistant, easier to run n more fairly priced. Try the heart throb and game changer 3. See what you think

Marc

I like Woodhaven calls...  I have switched over to Hooks and Gooserbat due to cost and customer service though.  Hooks and Gooserbat are considerably less pricey, and I have talked to both of them on the phone (for far too long), and had them give me recommendations based on the sound I want, and calls that I did or did not like.

Also, both of there calls seem a bit smaller and more comfortable in my mouth...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Bowguy

Quote from: Marc on February 13, 2017, 10:15:02 PM
I like Woodhaven calls...  I have switched over to Hooks and Gooserbat due to cost and customer service though.  Hooks and Gooserbat are considerably less pricey, and I have talked to both of them on the phone (for far too long), and had them give me recommendations based on the sound I want, and calls that I did or did not like.

Also, both of there calls seem a bit smaller and more comfortable in my mouth...
Just a FYI if someone wanted full size tape they just enter it into the notes online or say so when speaking to place an order

Gamblinman

Quote from: Bowguy on February 13, 2017, 10:21:12 PM
Quote from: Marc on February 13, 2017, 10:15:02 PM

Just a FYI if someone wanted full size tape they just enter it into the notes online or say so when speaking to place an order

Yes, just tell Scott how you want your tape and he'll make it for you. I used Woodhaven for years until I tried Hooks...I'll never go back. Scott makes all my calls with the Woodhaven shaped tape, so there was no transition or relearning.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Dtrkyman

original copperhead was my go to for several years.

kyturkeyhunter4

Woodhaven makes some great calls nothing wrong with them, I use to use them I switch over to Hooks now.

darron

Quote from: kyturkeyhunter4 on February 17, 2017, 03:28:20 PM
Woodhaven makes some great calls nothing wrong with them, I use to use them I switch over to Hooks now.

Yep! Just got my hooks executioner in the mail and it is now my #1 with a close second WH toxic orange.

husker

maytom

Woodhaven pot calls have gone way up in price over the years. Seen on Facebook their newest one with a flag is $150.00!!!! Tuff spending that amount on a call when most others are in the $45-$65.00 ranges. Think they are pricing themselves out of the market. :z-twocents: