News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Midway Full Strut Turkey Vest

Started by grayfox, February 11, 2017, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171133/midwayusa-full-strut-turkey-vest

Just got one of these today. It was on sale for $49.99+shipping. Seems like a pretty good vest for the money. It's lightweight & has lots of room for stuff. The top pockets are really deep like the Cabela's Tactical Tater I have. It also has large mesh pockets on the inside of the vest. The two front pot call pockets are good too but the snaps that hold the flap down are kinda loud but they seem to hold well. The right lower pocket could serve as a gps pocket or another call. The middle left pocket does have shell loops for your shells & is pretty deep too. The only place I could see for the strikers is on either one of the top pockets which have an inside netting pocket that goes all the way the width of the pocket. The game bag on the back is also large so you can carry decoys or other stuff. It has no magnetic catch on back on the vest for quick run & gun but the it has a top plastic snap & also a snap on both sides. The seat can also be removed if needed. The seat's a good size also but not real thick but about what you would expect for the price of this vest. The vest has a lot of adjustment for size but I wouldn't recommend it for a small person. I'm 5' 10" & weigh about 185 & I have it adjusted up but not all the way. I would rather have a little more room so I can fit a jacket under it on those cold early mornings. Overall I'm pretty happy with this vest as I have never had the perfect one. I've returned a bunch of them over the years. Seems like there is always something I would change. I do think it's a great vest for the money though. I'll check it out real good this turkey season. Sorry for the long review but just thought I would share this with you & was wondering does anybody else have one.

FL-Boss

good review, great price. Is that a mesh water bottle holder on the side?

grayfox

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 11, 2017, 04:26:44 PM
good review, great price. Is that a mesh water bottle holder on the side?

Yes it is.

wkyhunter

I'll second what Gray said! Picked up one a couple of weeks age. I only wish it were in breakup or bottomland.
Think I'd prefer the pot call pockets to have a differect closure rather than a snap.
Overall though I think it will be well worth the money.

turkeywhisperer935

Does it have sleeves for shells. I got a new mossy oak super elite that I'm not really sold on.

grayfox

Quote from: turkeywhisperer935 on February 13, 2017, 01:34:27 AM
Does it have sleeves for shells. I got a new mossy oak super elite that I'm not really sold on.

It has 5 elastic shell holders inside the left zippered pocket above the pot call pockets.

Poleaxe

Is it hard to release and attach the cushion without taking the vest off?

grayfox

Quote from: Poleaxe on February 13, 2017, 09:47:28 PM
Is it hard to release and attach the cushion without taking the vest off?

Releasing the seat is pretty easy but reattaching it was a little harder. I held the top end clip with one hand & with my other hand I attached it to the top one. That one is pretty easy but the side ones were more difficult for me. But I probably won't even fasten the side ones when I'm moving around a lot.

tha bugman

I have seen a vest similar to this one with those same pot call holders.  I did not like them way too oversized and the material was too stiff.  The buttons were also hard to unsnap.

FL-Boss

I just got one, but returning it.  It's a little too big..even adjusted all the way.  Seems common for a lot of vests I try. Not sure why a lot of companies make these vests so big. I'm about average 5'9, 180lb, 34 wast.

I will stick to my Ol Tom for now.. it fits right. 

grayfox