turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoned aluminum

Started by Mossberg835, February 11, 2017, 07:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg835

For those who have had one from Lonzo and Dawkins which do you like better?

gergg

Never had a Dawkins, but Lonzo's are great.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Spitten and drummen

Both sound great. They have a little different sound from each other. I own both , hunt both and fooled birds with both. Get one of each lol. Seriously though , you wont go wrong with either. Hunting wise , the dawkins in plastic gets my nod. Mainly because its virtually weather proof.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 11, 2017, 11:00:10 AM
Both sound great. They have a little different sound from each other. I own both , hunt both and fooled birds with both. Get one of each lol. Seriously though , you wont go wrong with either. Hunting wise , the dawkins in plastic gets my nod. Mainly because its virtually weather proof.
Tend to agree

hunter22

I plan to hunt both this spring.

Bowhuntr73

Both are keepers so you won't go wrong with either,imo.

Jroddc

Smooth_Operator

I have Lonzo's in an Acryllic pot, and at one point had a Dawkins in a plastic pot as well. Ended up selling the Dawkins, not because it wasn't great, because it was, but because they sounded so similar and asthetically I preferred the Lonzo. Bottom line, both are killers, can't go wrong with either...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Txag12

Anyone found the best way to condition these? Mines lost its "pop" and I haven't been able to get it back to like it once was. Strikers are clean and good, wiped down surface with rubbing alcohol, just doesn't grip as good as when new

boatpaddle

Quote from: Txag12 on February 12, 2017, 02:14:10 PM
Anyone found the best way to condition these? Mines lost its "pop" and I haven't been able to get it back to like it once was. Strikers are clean and good, wiped down surface with rubbing alcohol, just doesn't grip as good as when new

Use a scratch pad & lightly scuff the surface....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

mgm1955

sixbird

Quote from: Txag12 on February 12, 2017, 02:14:10 PM

The problem is the alcohol. Rubbing alcohol (87% if I recall correctly) has oils in it. It'll kill the friction. You need to use 91% alcohol. You can get it in any drug store. Try it, that pop will come right back...