turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Limbsaver

Started by chaz_z71, February 10, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaz_z71

Anyone try the new air tech design or whatever and how does it compare to previous model. Looking to purchase one thanks

allaboutshooting

I have used the slip-on models on several guns. Both are very good but I think the new ones may be a bit better.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mbowyer51

Bought one on the slip-on models for a single shot 10 ga that kicked like a mule and now it's actually enjoyable to shoot. Think I paid around 20 bucks for it so not too expensive, but well worth it. I'd go ahead and get one you won't regret it.

turkeyfoot

I've use done for years the older model am very pleased with it for an old bursitis shoulder it makes a difference

Poleaxe

I ain't big on the slip on's.  I'd rather have one you can just screw it in.    :TooFunny:

Marc

Quote from: Poleaxe on February 12, 2017, 02:02:06 PM
I ain't big on the slip on's.  I'd rather have one you can just screw it in.    :TooFunny:

So would I...

However, it is my understanding that with the "gel" in the Limbsaver, that it is much more difficult to cut to fit a recoil pad.  You start grinding on that pad to make it fit, and you weaken the walls of the pad, which could cause that pad to leak (or so is my understanding).

I have a slip-on on my Beretta (which I shoot for waterfowling and turkey hunting), and it is very pleasant to shoot.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

HFultzjr

I don't know about the new ones, but I've used the slip on one, and it's great.
Mossberg 500
18" barrel
3" mag.
Kicks like a mule.
Put on the Limbsaver and now it only knocks me down..............LOL
Really, it does make a difference and is noticeable.
:fud:

Poleaxe

Quote from: Marc on February 12, 2017, 04:41:02 PM
Quote from: Poleaxe on February 12, 2017, 02:02:06 PM

So would I...

However, it is my understanding that with the "gel" in the Limbsaver, that it is much more difficult to cut to fit a recoil pad.  You start grinding on that pad to make it fit, and you weaken the walls of the pad, which could cause that pad to leak (or so is my understanding).

I have a slip-on on my Beretta (which I shoot for waterfowling and turkey hunting), and it is very pleasant to shoot.

They make sizes for the butt pad replacements for pretty much every gun on the market.  Just have to go to their chart and find the right size number.  Loosen the two screws and swap and tighten. 

Old Timer53

Just might have to tame my Browning BPS 12g 3inch
It kicked like a mule my last spring patterning Win Longbeards.