Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which one of the two for turkey hunting?

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 10, 2017, 12:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I found two guns online that I am thinking of going with (obviously choosing one of the two of them), but I cannot decide between the two.

Which of the two do y'all recommend, and/or would both be adequate for turkey hunting (obviously the first would be, but not sure about the second one)?

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

That Flex model with the LPA trigger would be my choice. It has a better recoil pad on that stock and the LPA trigger is excellent. It can be adjusted to feel more like a rifle trigger than one on a shotgun. You also have the ability to easily change stocks and forends should you want to do that at some time.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Daniel703

Agreed I would go with the flex. Many options with that shotgun. Can't go wrong with a mossberg 500 anyway.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Daniel703 on February 10, 2017, 02:04:20 PM
Agreed I would go with the flex. Many options with that shotgun. Can't go wrong with a mossberg 500 anyway.
x2

BowBendr

The first thing you need to do is find a place locally to handle both to see which one fits YOU best. Then order one if that LGS doesn't beat the online price. I never buy a gun online until I handle one personally. Been that route before.....

wvmntnhick

Quote from: BowBendr on February 10, 2017, 10:37:17 PM
The first thing you need to do is find a place locally to handle both to see which one fits YOU best. Then order one if that LGS doesn't beat the online price. I never buy a gun online until I handle one personally. Been that route before.....
X2. I can't see an photos and I'm betting that Clark's recommendation for the Flex model is correct but I'd not buy until I held one. Having said that, I've handled the Mossberg flex and liked it. Not enough to get rid of what I've got but it was nice for sure.