OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

HIGHLY Impressed with SUMTOY Chokes (pics)

Started by drum817, April 07, 2011, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

I got two chokes today from William at SumToy Custom Chokes for my Supernova.  One choke is a .650 and the other is .674 and to say I am impressed is a understatement !!  For starters the SumToy choke is built VERY well and the patterns will speak for themselves.  I shot at 40 & 20 yards using the Hevi-13 3.5" #7's.  The .650 preformed just as I had hoped...but the REAL shocker is how well the .674 did.  Ya'll tell me what you think.

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

cannonball

doepee

Those are some great patterns , I am surprised with the .674    I need to get one of those for my sbe 2!!!

BigPeck215

i really like the pattern of that .674, it looks a bit more even than the .650 but both are smoking patterns, i'd go with the .674

everything ive seen from sumtoy has been great, you can tell that he actually patterns his chokes with different loads so when he gives advice on what constriction should work best he is right on

congrats to you for finding the right choke/shell combo and congrats to Will for making a choke that puts up some smoking numbers 

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The .674 is very close to the exit diameter that has worked so well in the Star Dot chokes.....which haven't been made for years now.

Nice patterns!!!

spur collector

doepee

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drum817

Quote from: doepee on April 07, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
Which one you like drum??

I like em' both....I'm gonna re-sight my Supernova tomorrow and hunt with the SumToy choke this year.  My season opens Saturday morning....I'm still up the air about which one I'll hunt with.  I'm kinda leaning toward the .650 because of the bore diameter of the Supernova...but we'll see  ;D
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

wisconsinteacher

Nice numbers.  I am happy with the numbers I got out of my SuperMag with #7 HeviShot.  Good luck.

savduck

Very nice patterns. Step a target out to fifty and see which one starts to one up.
Georgia Boy

Gobble!

Very Nice

Congrats to Sumtoy!!!! Keep it up!!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Looks great to me.  Both are smokin!  

Since the Star Dot choke was mentioned here about the exit diameter being about the same, I will pass this on to Sum Toy that the Star Dot for the 835 had a 2.5" parallel.  Don't know if that will help you for the 835 chokes you build, but I can only think that the longer parallel in the 835 Star Dot choke had a lot to do with the way it shoots the Hevi-13 loads.  Maybe you can put this together in a choke for 835 shooters and say a .670 or .675 exit diameter.   :you_rock: