turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any info on Huntsville AL area?

Started by jakebird, February 09, 2017, 04:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakebird

I have a sister who moved to Huntsville a few years ago. I've been flirting with the idea of a spring trip down to see her and maybe squeeze in a couple mornings chasing gobblers. Any (very general) info on public hunting land in the area would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to find somewhere within an hour drive of Huntsville. Thanks in advance.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

SwampSniper

I grew up in that area and hunt and hunted in the New Market area on private land.  Back then the turkey population wasn't too good and you rarely encountered another turkey hunter.  I still have family there and the population seems to be much better. I actually plan to head that way myself and hope to call one in for my father. I haven't hunted the public lands, son of much help but I'll ask around and see what I can scare up for you.

Tailwalk

Paint rock valley has some beautiful management areas but you better bring your walkin shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supremepredator

Quote from: Tailwalk on February 10, 2017, 11:03:58 PM
Paint rock valley has some beautiful management areas but you better bring your walkin shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2x
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"