OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Older 11-87 taking on new life

Started by pabossie255, February 09, 2017, 12:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabossie255

I always clean my gun real good but while taking the rear stock off I ripped the gun apart totally oiled down everything good. I see many saying there 11-87 jammed or something broke I got this gun off a older friend he had killed many turkeys, geese, ducks and other game with it and I have had it for a year now killed a nice gobbler a fall hen many geese and ducks with it all with not a hick up. This 11-87 is a NWTF 25 th Anniversary edition I believe in keeping my gun more than clean. I felt I would give it some love before the season comes in but it's also late geese season now so might get some shooting in soon so I put the Remington shurshot stock on it she looks and feels great with this stock set. 

pabossie255

wvmntnhick

Dr Juice

That's a sharp looking machine. I do not remember the 25th anniversary edition. I have a 11-87 in old mossy oak green leaf which I purchased in 1995. That little gun shoots quite impressive.

greencop01

:camohat: She looks ready for Spring, great looking classic Remington.  :drool:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

pabossie255

Dr Juice you are right they are vary impressive guns mine has a 21" pipe on it. When I first saw it I was thinking that gun won't reach out there cause it's so short bo is that wrong and love how it handles walking in the woods being shorter I would not want it any other way now.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

pabossie255

Thanks I'm going to buy a few boxes of shells tomorrow return the Williams fire sights I bought at Gander Mountain that when I got home and opened it they were dinged up used and had a screw busted off in the threads going to pick up the Tru Glo model like it but of course they want me to pay $20 for but they look better built we shall see.

1iagobblergetter

pabossie255

Yeah a different look from its stock look but it's has a much better feel to it. This gun may be a little older but I would not get rid of it for the newest gun as it can shoot. Here is what she used to look like.

krm

Kelvin Morrison

pabossie255

My older friend I got the gun from just stopped by I showed him it his jaw dropped he held it and said wow I like that a lot.

varmint101

That's great!  Looks awesome.  I didn't put a thumbhole type on my old youth 20 because I wanted to use it for crows and didn't think the thumbhole would work well for wing shooting.  Maybe I'm wrong!

pabossie255

I'm going to use it for hunting geese and ducks like this it feels real nice I can get on target fast with it. I'm putting a. Tru Glo Gobble dot on it just bought one on here can't wait and I had a gift card from Gander Mountian for some piece of junk they sold me so with that I picked up two boxes of Long Beards 3" #5 shot.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase