OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jackie Lea Calls

Started by TX - Gunner, February 08, 2017, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TX - Gunner

Does anyone have any Jackie Lea calls?  Just found him on Facebook and his craftsmanship is beautiful.  Turn around time, costs, types of calls?  Any feedback would greatly be appreciated!  Thanks!

hunter22

I have a couple of Jackie's short boxes. Awesome craftsmanship. He also makes scratch boxes, wingbones, long boxes, etc. I am not sure what he charges now or his wait time. Here are my two short boxes. The first is an ebonized walnut over mahogany and the second is a cherry over black limba.

TX - Gunner

Those are beautiful!  Do they sound a good as they look?  Are they hunters?  I like nice things - but I do take them hunting.  Thanks!

hunter22

I would hunt either one of them. I rate Jackie's calls right up there with the best. He is somewhat unknown now but I think that is changing as more guys get exposed to his work.

Jgarrett

Jackie makes great calls!  I just recently received my first box from him, an absolutely beautiful cherry over butternut short box with ebony inlays, that has just an awesome soft yelp, very realistic.  His craftsmanship is great, and he is a wonderful person to deal with.  Highly recommended.

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida