OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Totes and Call Lanyards

Started by woodwzrd, April 07, 2011, 05:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodwzrd

Guys, my 16 year old daughter came to me the other day and asked if I knew of a way she could make some extra money. Because of her involvement in sports and other school functions it is tough to find a job that will accommodate her available hours in our little town. I told her she should try tying some turkey totes and call lanyards and I would post them up for sale. She said show me how dad. I showed her a couple of tutorials and you tube clips on how to do the braids and she says dad I already know how to do that and away she went.

This is what she came up with a couple hours later. I will be carrying this one with me in two weeks. Let me know what you think and I will pass it on to her.

If anyone is interested in a tote or lanyard shoot me a PM. She is asking $25 shipped for either a tote like the one shown or a call lanyard with up to six drops either round braided or cobra braid like the tote. She can get any color but right now has orange, black, and olive drab green

Spring Creek Calls

Very well done! As long as you asked our opinion, I believe you maybe asking a bit much for it.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

woodwzrd

Gobblez, What you think would be a fair price. She is just getting into this and wasn't sure what to charge.

Thanks

Spring Creek Calls

It would be nice to see one attached to a longbeard to show how it works. That would be a great advertisement. I would think a fair price would be in the $15 range. Just my 2 cents.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Mimosa Gobbler

Would also like to see one attached to a turkey! I am always interested in helping out a kid! :-\

"My cup is always half full because I have already drank the other half!"

woodwzrd

I will try my darndest to put one on the tote she tied for me in two weeks.

The way it works is the two drops loop back on themselves through the rings at the end and then it slips over the birds feet throw the strap over your shoulder and away you go.

We talked it over and calculated out the material cost and shipping cost and she is going to come down to $20.00 on the totes and will stay at $25.00 for call lanyards. She has been tying like crazy tonight and I will have some new pics up tomorrow.