OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

For the First Time in 25+ Years

Started by allaboutshooting, February 07, 2017, 05:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabossie255

tha bugman

Quote from: allaboutshooting on February 07, 2017, 05:50:55 PM
For the first time in 25+ years Doris and I will not be at the NWTF Convention this month. We had to cancel our booth and our trip. I have a torn tendon in my right ankle that does not allow me to walk too much or stand for too long.

I am trying to avoid surgery by using a brace, an arch support, ice and rest. I knew that I would not be able to set-up our booth on Thursday and then be on my feet most of the time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then tear down and pack on Sunday afternoon.

I will miss it more than you can imagine, seeing folks that I've gotten to know over a couple of decades and meeting people each year. It's always great to put faces with names and shake hands with folks I've only met through OG or my site.

Hopefully, with the proper treatment and some time, I'll be ready for action again by turkey season.

I'll miss seeing you all but hope that many of you are able to attend and have a great time.

Thanks,
Clark
hate to hear this...get well soon!

mgm1955

Will miss the chance to talk with you guys. Speedy recovery to you.

Happy

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

allaboutshooting

Thank you all for the kind expressions. Fortunately, I can still operate the keyboard and I have a lot of range work completed that needs to be organized, written and published. The ankle doesn't prohibit any of that work thankfully. Orders are still coming in and going out on a daily basis so most of my activities are pretty normal, just resting the ankle as much as possible, avoiding standing for long periods and limiting my walking.

Again, thank you for all of the expressions of support.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Chilly

Hope you get to feeling better Clark!
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

the Ward

Take it easy Clark, hope you heal up soon so you can get out after the gobblers this spring!

spaightlabs

Very sorry to hear that Clark.  It was always very apparent from your posts upon returning form the convention how much you enjoyed being there, especially meeting and talking to new people and old friends.

Hope you and Doris are enjoying being close to your children and grand babies and that you have a clean bill of health in time to get out in the woods.

Cut N Run

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Clark.  I also hope you're up and ready to go by turkey season.  I'm thinking healing thoughts.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

allaboutshooting

Thank you all again for the well wishes. I really appreciate it. I will miss everyone at the Convention and it was very hard to make the decision not to go and have the booth after all these years. Hopefully, we'll be able to be there next year and visit with our friends and make some new ones as we've done for so long. I'm not sure how I'll feel when the Convention actually begins. It's been a big part of our lives.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

renegade19

busta biggun

Hey Clark, I realize it may be too late, but I betcha if we asked around, we could find enough Old Gobbler boys that could help you set up your booth and then you could just roll up on your jazzy and take care of business without having to hobble around. Just a thought!?

ILHUNTER

Sorry to hear this Clark.  Take it easy so you can be ready to kill some birds soon, our team might need them.  Take care.

Mike Honcho

That sounds painful Clark...get well soon!