Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

any glasses wearers use neck gaitors or tube face masks?

Started by WNCTracker, February 07, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I'm still on my quest for something I like that will not cause glasses to fog up.  The best thing I've tried has been the bunker head, they don't fog the glasses but they get frustrating with all the loose material and I end up not using it half the time.  Has anybody who wears glasses tried a lycra neck tube or neck gaiter?  It seems like since they're tight if you keep it below your nose then it wouldn't fog up lenses?

Bowguy

I've just recently gotten glasses but they sell sort of a tight fishnet looking thing called spandoflage. I like it cause I can cut openings wherever I like. Worked great for mouth calls n in deer hunting. Have not used yet in spring but I'd bet it'd work

WNCTracker

I've not tried that. I'll check it out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

I went through numerous face masks until I settled on the cheap 3/4 H.S. strut mesh masks. One of the times I found less =more. Maybe I'm missing out on something,but it works,is easy,and I haven't had the dreaded fogging issues. If I wasn't chicken it would be a Lasiks surgery I ago. Goodluck...

bbcoach

I'm a contact wearer so I don't have that issue but a buddy of mine wears glasses.  We were in Wisconsin, two springs ago, and he kept complaining about the issue you have.  I always carry 2 sets of gloves and masks so I gave him my extra HS 3/4 mesh facemask, problem solved.

howl

half mask sold by several suppliers. It's just a piece of fabric with an elastic string.

turkey harvester

I use a half mask pull up, but on humid days or days the wind wasn't blowing, if I got hit they would fog up. I think this year I'm gonna let my beard and maybe a little paint, be my mask this year. If it don't work I'll go back to half mask.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

BowBendr

I wear the 3/4 light cotton ninja facemask from Primos. Very thin and airy. I pull it up and over my glasses and it stands off from my nose and mouth far enough that fogging isn't an issue.

pabossie255

Yeah I'm my beard is long so this year I'm going a little face paint no mask.

turkeyfoot

I use half mask and don't pull it higher than just below nose upper lip has worked well for me have shot birds at 7 yards without getting busted just be still. I hate when you make move got the air pumping sit and can't see thing glasses suck

PEHunter

I wear a 3/4 of full mask for H.S. or Primos.  I just cut at hole in the mouth/nose area so breath can go directly outside the mask rather than up around the nose.  Seems to work well.

WNCTracker

THere are some good suggestion on here.    I'm looking for the great equalizer to those who have been lucky enough to have lasic surgery that isn't goopy facepaint.  It seems to me that we as a group of glasses cursing hunters could put together a think tank and design something that would address this issue.  I've tried cat crap, shaving cream and other applicable lens treatments that didn't work as well as I'd hoped.  I've tried other 3/4 masks and the breath seams to always reflect off them and still fog up lenses and I find my self searching for any breeze and turning my head to try to get airflow.  The bunker head works 75% of the time but if you've worn one they get in the way.  I've wondered if an adhesive camo skin type deal might be a way to go.  Something like bandaids that you could dispose of?  Or something that may deflect breath away from the face...like a snorkel :funnyturkey:

wvmntnhick

Use 3/4 mask as well. Only pull it up to right below my nose if fogging is an issue. It's not been nearly as bad using that style though. Got some stuff at the GAOS that's supposed to help keep glasses from fogging. Gonna give it a try. Getting ready to order some contacts as well.

Illini Tom

like someone else mentioned, i cut slits in 3/4 mesh masks at the mouth and nose
really reduces fogging for me

Dtrkyman

I don't wear glasses but I would use face paint...carbomask is what I use while Elk hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk