Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who's hunting where??

Started by Roost 1, February 05, 2017, 11:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

I'll be hunting KY AND IN for certain. Hopefully TN and either AL or GA.  Might sneak off to OH or WV if I get the chance.

wvmntnhick

WV and VA for certain. Still up in the air on MD.

hookedspur

TN ,KY then NB and KS ,wind up back in OH ,
Would like to end the season back home in WV. but we will see.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

My son is one of those that wants to kill a gobbler in every state, so he and his gal made plans to go to Hawaii this spring.  Well, my wife found out about it and invited us to go along, so I am starting out there in mid-March. 

After that, there is a somewhat remote possibility of heading down into Mexico for a Gould's hunt at the beginning of April.  If that doesn't pan out (which is likely), then I might run over to Texas for a short hunt there before things get going here in NM.  Here, if things go as planned I will hunt one of our Indian Reservations (have to draw), and then get right into our state season in mid-April.

In May, I have tentative plans to go to Michigan (my other son lives outside of Detroit),...but that will be dependent on if, by that time, I still have the energy to make that trip.  Oklahoma is a minor blip on my radar at this point, as well, but I would be surprised if that materializes. 

....Lots of "if's" and "maybe's" still for this spring....

Roost 1

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 06, 2017, 11:25:22 AM
My son is one of those that wants to kill a gobbler in every state, so he and his gal made plans to go to Hawaii this spring.  Well, my wife found out about it and invited us to go along, so I am starting out there in mid-March. 

After that, there is a somewhat remote possibility of heading down into Mexico for a Gould's hunt at the beginning of April.  If that doesn't pan out (which is likely), then I might run over to Texas for a short hunt there before things get going here in NM.  Here, if things go as planned I will hunt one of our Indian Reservations (have to draw), and then get right into our state season in mid-April.

In May, I have tentative plans to go to Michigan (my other son lives outside of Detroit),...but that will be dependent on if, by that time, I still have the energy to make that trip.  Oklahoma is a minor blip on my radar at this point, as well, but I would be surprised if that materializes. 

I have the same goal as your son....Maybe we can share info or even swap out a hunt.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 06, 2017, 01:02:53 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on February 06, 2017, 11:25:22 AM

I have the same goal as your son....Maybe we can share info or even swap out a hunt.

I'm sure he would welcome that....

honker22

My usual- La and MS.  Hopefully, will kill my usual 2-3 birds... and for the team's sake, continue killing 1 big one.  I will be happy with all 2 year olds though!
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Clif Owen

All I plan to do is harass the birds around home. I lost all of my out of state connections. One guy died and the other lost his hunting grounds.
Just hoping I can get on a bird without running into some clown coming in from another direction this year.

whiskey

Roost1 is known to get into the moonshine from time to time, so I usually just drive him around and hunt wherever we end up.

TN, KY, IN and maybe GA, AL, and/or MO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rio

Start next weekend ????Texas South Zone Youth, then off to MS, then LA, and back to TX North Zone.
MO in mid April, KY late April.
TN if I can find time in between.
Can't get here fast enough!!!