OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My take from Unicoi

Started by Geechie, February 05, 2017, 11:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geechie

A Buice trumpet,  Dawkins box, Misfire slate with a few strikers and a Bearded Hen glass.

Geechie

Geechie

BTW, saw these fellows in a valley on the way to the park Friday morning.

SS Calls

KentuckyHeadhunter

Love that Buice!  And yes I think everyone saw those birds down by the creek.  They are always there.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

silverspur

You certainly got some fine calls at Unicoi....Congrats to you!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

turkey stew

Congrats on some fine callers!

Geechie

I know I'm posting these pictures wrong,  they're coming up sideways,  but I had to post the backside of that Misfire slate.

Beautiful work...

BOB_HARWELL

The pics aren't posted wrong, that's a steeeep hill they're walking up to get out of the vally.

Bob

Geechie

Lol Bob, I'm a Lowcountry swamp hunter so maybe the mountains threw me off!

I wanted to pick up a couple more calls and Bob one of your boxes was a call on the list. You were on the same stretch with James,  Darrin, Lon and Lamar.  Every time I came by there seems like I got blocked. Some tire kickers trying to haggle. I still want a box, I'll pm you.

That Buice trumpet is my first trumpet,  it was the first call on my list, been wanting to learn the trumpet for a few years now and had my heart set on a Buice.

Never had played a trumpet before, I didn't want to sound like a jack@ss so I waited till I got to the truck,  couldn't get a sound for hell, got down the road to Toccoa and tried again at a gas station. ..terrible,  nothing.
Got back home still no sound.

Got some great advice from a great pot call maker a couple of days later! Don't pop, draw air and use your lips as the reed. We'll I'm now putting together some great cadences and I will feel comfortable with the trumpet to hunt it this season,  plus I have a new addiction!

Geechie

I also have to say that the Dawkins box is as smooth as silk, it will likely be the first call to come out of the vest this Spring!

3bailey3

Nice, what is the wood combo on the Dawkins box?

mgm1955

Geechie

Yellow Poplar and black Walnut.

sbbow

Congrats on some great calls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk