turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Career in hunting industry

Started by Jwall, February 03, 2017, 12:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwall

Are any of you all like me and think man I sure wish I could get a career doing what I enjoy? I have two college degrees and neither are getting me any closer to getting paid to hunt and fish. I visit companies from time to time looking for positions but never seem to come up with anything. Let me know if you all feel like me.

dirt road ninja

I guided inshore fishing years ago part time and could go back to it full time whenever I want, but there are many many days when I think - I'm sure glad I'm not a guide. Maybe, after I retire I might run a trip or two a week. Good luck in your pursuits!

Happy

No. I prefer for my hunting to be for recreation. If I had it as a job it would loose it's apeal. That and I deal with childish behavior all week. Don't want to deal with it in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Jwall

Quote from: Happy on February 03, 2017, 02:29:22 PM
No. I prefer for my hunting to be for recreation. If I had it as a job it would loose it's apeal. That and I deal with childish behavior all week. Don't want to deal with it in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I hear ya with childish behavior I am in education and I believe the parents and adults are as bad as the kids most times.

ilbucksndux

I was a duck/deer guide for a few years and I got to where I hated to get out of bed in the mornings . It looks to be all fun and hunting,but its not like hunting with your buddies, its doing everything in your power to make sure your clients get what they paid for.
Gary Bartlow

Swather

I believe it would be more fun to be a sales rep or other employee for a manufacturer that provides useful products and services to outdoorsmen than being an outfitter or a guide.  It would be even better to be paid well and have a retirement plan and good insurance.

Use your education and personal knowledge of the outdoors to get in with someone like that.