OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boot suggestions?

Started by jbennett, February 01, 2017, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

What is your favorite rubber/waterproof boot for turkey hunting?

Swampchickin234

Lacrosse grange or lacrosse alpha lite pull on.   Have had both, will have both again. Currently running around in alpha lites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Andy S.

Lacrosse Grange with a good cushioned insole.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

dirt road ninja

renegade19

Lacrosse or Bogs.  Can't go wrong with either one.  Try them on and get the one that feels best for you.  I've hear good things about Muck but have never owned any.

MK M GOBL

I have some "rubber" Lacrosse Alpha Burly's that I use, as of late I'm liking my Muck's, lightweight and super comfortable, put a set of insoles in mine and are a world of difference.

MK M GOBL

SteelerFan

Lacrosse Aerohead 3.5mm -  very happy, going on 3rd season

wvmntnhick

If you're not hunting somewhere that's loaded with briars, the Muck boots are good. The neoprene doesn't hold up well to that stuff. I've got a pair of rubber boots from Cabelas and they've been good as well except the inside lining deteriorated at the back of my heel. Cabelas replaced them for free due to their lifetime warranty. Just bought a pair of Lacrosse pull over boots in bottomland camo (only pattern cabelas had) for $60. They're normally $150. I should've gotten 2 pairs because I wore them the other day and really like them.

Double B

I ordered up a pair of the bottom land Lacrosse too, really like them but feel a little tight the couple times I've worn them.  They are more Muck like than the old LaCrosse styles.  Best advice is to physically  try on any hunting boot if you can first......you will be spending hours in them in adverse conditions.  Hard to go wrong with LaCrosse or Mucks though.
Followed by buzzards

ncwoodsman

Lacrosse grange or Lacrosse Aerohead

TauntoHawk

after hating my previous rubber boots I picked up a pair of muck stealth pursuits cool boots on an after christmas sale.. I think I will really love these boots in warm weather
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

quavers59

If you want a light-13 inch high boot- try going to Walmart. They have brown ones and green ones. The price did go up-- I think they are 24 bucks now.  They fit a bit narrow though and that is the only drawback. I used to be the walmart shoe guy and have seen hunters buy these. I have a brown set and soon will get 2 sets of the green ones. Very light for fast moving and wetlands that are not too deep.

davisd9

Just bought the Academy brand rubber/neoprene boot. Very nice boot for the cost, they are light! Going to change the insoles but looking forward to wearing them this spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Double B on February 02, 2017, 07:22:53 AM
I ordered up a pair of the bottom land Lacrosse too, really like them but feel a little tight the couple times I've worn them.  They are more Muck like than the old LaCrosse styles.  Best advice is to physically  try on any hunting boot if you can first......you will be spending hours in them in adverse conditions.  Hard to go wrong with LaCrosse or Mucks though.
They are slightly tighter around the calf than I'd have thought but I didn't mind it. Found them to give plenty of support and really like them overall. I'll agree 100% that they aren't like the traditional lacrosse boot. Not really a neoprene but not really a rubber either. Almost like a hybrid of some sort.